GUN What could be done if drastic measures were taken by federal government..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by krott5333, Oct 17, 2006.

1. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

concerning our right to bear arms?

I was thinking about this today..

Obviously, we cant buy anything after it has been made illegal. However, if something I own becomes illegal, I will not give it up without a fight.

I think it wouldnt be too difficult to organize a massive protest in Washington. Perhaps, hit every gun board on the internet, to encourage members to spread the word, about a gathering outside of washington, in a pro-gun area, such as Gettysburg. Then, upon rounding up mass amounts of armed or unarmed citizens who care about their rights, march toward, and into, washington, dc, to stage a protest. Whether that protest is peaceful or violent remains to be decided. However, I'm sure there will be resistance if a large group of armed citizens marches toward a federal government in a city where guns are unjustifiably illegal.

I am a firm believer that it is the civic duty of every American citizen to protest and disregard any law which they deeply feel is unjust and unconstitutional. And perhaps, there is a hope, that those law enforcement and military personnel who are sent to block such a protest remember the oath they took to protect the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign AND domestic.

:hsd:

2. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I haven't be to the NE in years, but IIRC, gettysburg is a LONG way away from DC.

I see what you are saying however, the problem is though we are so out gunned by the military though, all it would take is for the national guard to pull out one or two tanks or even drop a bomb on the group of people and it's pretty much done. :shrug:

Honestly I blame every American that has lived since 1916 for putting us in the position we are in today, gun owners should have stood up and said "we won't put up with this bullshit" years ago.

But the politicians did it smart, they took their time, and held true to their patience, to slowly disarm a whole country to prevent and uprising.

Right now they can pretty much do whatever they want, and there isn't a whole lot you could do besides terrorist/guerilla-esque warfare against military and police, after declaring a "war" against them. Seems the military is having problems effectively fighting this type of battle. But the flip side of that, is it seems the terrorists/insurgents/guerilla fighters can't progress either, just stand their ground.

IMHO it's gonna take alot more than a revolt, it's going to take another country breaking ours down for us to fight back and rebuild this one.

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Violent protest? That's the best way to get shit done :ugh: Maybe you could shoot into the air too.

4. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

the way things are the results would be that people who were even associated with guns would automatically be considered a domestic threat.

In this situation it might be best if it was complete gun free or completely armed, the last thing you want is for people who came with no arms trying to be peacful to be caught unarmed in the middle of a potentially massive firefight.

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

do you really think they would drop a bomb on a group of protesters?

oh wait.. were not protesters.. were "domestic terrorists"

:mad:

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Its called armed revolt and it worked in 1775-1783

7. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

one would think that they would not risk it if you were close to a sensative location that they would not want to do collateral damage to, say a duck pond, you know getting PETA involved would be a bad thing. :mamoru:

8. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I had an idea for a, ahem...movie...

In this movie, a group of people are revolting in their country...in Africa... and they find a 200 or so major targets, they study these targets some...prime ministers...others ... parliment... and they coordinate for them all to be assasinated within 5 minutes of each other, after which they throw a traditional coup

or maybe I'll just make a documentary about a prime minister that leaves to a UN meeting and his country's military kicks him out while he's away. :mamoru:

EDIT: I love this country, but I think I'd just leave my guns here and try to marry a swiss woman.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  9. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

Ok, try it now then :rofl:

10. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Best option:

Find a good water/dirt tight footlocker. Build multiple AKs and other guns from kits. Then put them in the locker along with enough ammo to fight a small war. Bury them in secret place be it your yard or under your house in a crawlspace

11. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Many police wouldn't side with the government as many know that the moment they quit, they are civilians again and they would fall under the same laws. PLUS many know going door to door to confiscate weapons is just a giant game of Russian roulette. Sooner or later, someone is going to say no and take a shot.

As for military, same thing. National Guard are part timers too so they would be effected as civilians.

12. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I used to assume the same thing, but my roommate is NG, and I have heard several friends from his unit all say essentially the same thing when it comes to politics and firearms "I don't care, I can't do anything to change it, I'll just do whatever they(national guard) tell me to, they cut my paychecks"

Sadly this is the view of many 18-30 year olds, a total lack of care.

Same with police, I'm sure. Just watch TV and you'll see many people on Cops, (insert town) S.W.A.T., and many other "reality" police shows, most of those people are not even slightly educated on firearms, the only reason they probably own one is because it's part of their "job"

13. Michael Westen

Michael Westen Active Member

The problem with opposition to gun control, especially if it comes down to fighting the gov to defend our rights, I fear will make the anti-gun nuts justified. They would be able to say "See!!!! gun owners kill people, are violent, the guns made them violent! ban all guns!!!!" etc.

This is definately a difficult situation in terms of dealing with it with the best of intent, and yielding the best results.

14. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

god damn this is sad... i thought the US had it figured out with people's rights, i have even been planning on moving there in the near future. i hope this is just blown out of proportion, and common sense will prevail!

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2 Words

Bonus March

yes they would fire on American citizens.

16. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

common sense doesnt exist in america anymore.

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

While this is a wonderful wankfest just waiting for someone to post the "vote from the rooftops" picture, let me inject a little reality into the discussion. No one is coming to take your guns from you. It is a war of attrition. Slowly but surely things are banned, prohibited from being transfered and tax. You won't care because you can keep what you have. Its a pacifying effect. While alot of gun owners have a fantasy about gun collection day, thats just not the way it works.

With such firm beliefs do you have any new manufacture machine guns? Do you own any full autos, SBR's, or suppressors in violation of state law or without buying a tax stamp? Or are you fine with what you already have as long as you're allowed to keep it?

18. BigBadJohn

I think the most realistic thing would be for Americans to just refuse to turn in their arms. I have no idea what would be done if I refused to turn in my AR15 and whatever else they tried to get from me, but I would try to stand my ground

I wouldnt go out and start shooting things up trying to be almost an anarchist. I wouldnt go looking for trouble. I would just say no, you arent getting them from me without a fight. If you dont want a fight then I suggest you just give up, because I wont be walked all over.
    If I have owned these guns for years without ever pointing them at someone even by accident, if I havent brought them to a school looking to harm kids, if I havent used them to commit a crime, then why take them from me at all?

19. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree I dont see door to door confiscation happening, I can see them making certain types of rifles illegal and not having any grandfather clause, but they wont go door to door to collect them, they'll ask for them to be turned in. Lots of people wont, and some of them will be nailed for it but because of unrelated incidents.

20. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You'll end up like alot of people in Cali who didn't register there "assualt rifles" you'll still have it, wont be able to do anything with for fear of being caught. You may get away with it, or one day your house may catch on fire the FD comes finds remains of the guns, notifies the PD and you end up in jail.

21. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

More importantly than the NG, I don't know a single cop that would participate, or even allow, mass disarmings around here. Of course, they're out there (NOLA) but I think if it became a nationwide issue, we would see the blue line facing away from the civilians, not towards them.

22. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

remember Katrina?

23. BigBadJohn

Wow. Havent seen you in forever. Werent you banned?

24. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If the US is still around in 200 years it will either be a "gun free" country or there will have been a huge revolt where guns were the key to people retaining their freedoms and everyone recognized it. The second example is, of course, just a fantasy. The ONLY way it would work is if a) we had a major media outlet on our side :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: or b) we had the military on our side. B is only slightly less laughable. I think it's pretty obvious that the average American is a LOT less gun friendly than they were 50 years ago. This is a democracy. Law makers will pass laws that they think the public will accept.

25. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

:werd: no offense verm but most cops don't seem to think like you. They just want to get their paychecks and go home to their families every night.