what compairs to a integra?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MrBlonde, Feb 24, 2002.

1. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

my cousin has a 95 integra(base) 5 spd that he put exhaust and intake on and that car flies! easy to drive, fun to drive, and faster than heck....he got it for 6000...
    What would be compairable to this car? 2 dr light weight decently fast car? Oh, and does anyone in here know anything about zx2?:rolleyes:
    Thanks
    AC

2. TurboManGT

TurboManGT Guest

Put a turbo GS-R in a CR-X. But that can be costly:big grin:

3. Playboy

Playboy Part time arrogant bastard

Why would you want to do that? save your $$ and get a real sports car altogether! Now THAT's flying :big grin:

4. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

thank you for the suggestions as what a "real sports car" is...i really appreciate your help...
    :rolleyes:

5. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

celica gt, 240sx, mx-6, cougar, focus hb,

6. JMizzle

JMizzle Guest

GS-T or GSX Eclipse. You can get a really good 1g for that price or under, maybe a 2g but it will prolly have high miles or something else wrong

7. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

240SX

The WRX is a good competitor to the ITR, stock for stock, when lotsa tight curves are involved. I don't think the other Integras could hang with a WRX though.

8. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

well i broke it down to a few choices.....trying to find a car for under 5500(but i might be dreaming)
    *Toyota Celica GT 1994 (and that style) or the style before it (92)
    *Honda Prelude si 1992
    i'm thiking the above might be a little more common and even if the prelude is not, the insurance might be lower cause it is older....
    I've decided i really want a stick so....i think the above are good choices for it...now its just onto the hard part of actually finding these cars for sale in middle wisconsin...
    Thanks
    AC

9. Playboy

hmmm let's see:

Toyota Supra
    Nissan 300ZX
    Mazda RX7
    Nissan Skyline
    Toyota MR2
    Mitsubishi Eclipse
    Mitsubishi 3000GT
    Acura NSX

fair enough list so far?

10. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

i hope you're kidding. you want to compare an integra to a supra, an nsx, a skyline??? the only car in that list that makes sense is the eclipse. :confused: :fawk:

11. HybriDSM

HybriDSM Guest

get the prelude.. you'll love it! of course my opinion may be a bit biased....:cool:

12. Playboy

If he can't save the money, well it'd be a general waste to invest in an average car such as the aformentioned into making it "fast"

13. Subie Driver

Subie Driver Eye see what you did there.

Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. Before I bought mine, I compared it to several other cars, and the Integra GSR was one of them. Stock for stock, thier performance was almost identical, but the Scoobie has the added benefit of All Wheel Drive.

14. Red97GST

Red97GST Guest

91-98 Sentra/200SX SE-R

faster than the integra and not played out the ass. 91-94's have independent rear suspension. if you think your friends teg is quick, theres a lot of other options that are quite a bit quicker. If youre into handling, check out the neon. sure it looks homosexual, but it sticks really well for a FWD car with a good (coilovers/adj shocks) suspension and the DOHC 150hp version is about as fast as your friends teg. Probably slightly faster.

Nevermind, the neons gay. Just look at old MR2s, 240SX, SE-R, eclipse/talon/laser turbos, if youre really into hondas maybe a civic HB or CRX with a b16a or b18 motor swap. The older style celicas are pretty weak aftermarketwise, unelss you can find an older all-trac which are pretty sweet. Basically if you would be satisfied wiht your friends car, there are lots of other cars you'd be happy with.

oh, and the ZX2 blows for the most part

15. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Hybrid. Plain and simple. If you think the base teg flies you will piss your pants in a hybrid.

92-95 civic hb = 2500-3000
    b16a5 = 1600-2000
    new exhaust = 400
    springs/struts = used 400-600

so your looking at about 4900-6000 to get started in a hybrid and once you get a little more cash get some good wheels and tires.

If you cant do it/wont pay for an engine swap and want to jump into a fast car, get a 2nd gen MR2. you can find one for about 5 grand and you'll have turbo+RWD. :)

16. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

Thank you for the brilliant comentary our fine moderator or whatever you are
    :fawk:
    better make that double time
    :fawk: :fawk:
    Thanks
    AC

17. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Sgt. Baker
    Moderator <----WTF?

18. turbodiamonds95

turbodiamonds95 tapout,chokeout or knockout

u think a base integra with intake and exhaust is fast????what is wrong with u??????

19. Nisstec

Nisstec Guest

People who think WRX's are fast on twisty roads are funny :greddy:

20. Subie Driver

Oh, so the WRX isn't fast in the twisties? Guess all those people who have WRX's don't know what they're talking about. Either that, or you just want to come in here and stir up some shit. Let me guess: you're going to tell us about how the Skyline is so much better than the WRX, even though we don't have easy access to them here, and it's also no competition with the Integra, which was the original question anyways.

21. Guest

Guest Guest

elementary kids on huffy's

22. Acurapimp

Acurapimp Guest

Im not a big fan on wrx but i think with a few mods it would whoop a skyline on twisty roads. In japan both have about the same hp stock but wrx is all wheel drive vs rear wheel

23. Subie Driver

Skyline is also awd.

24. Acurapimp

Acurapimp Guest

ahh my bad

25. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

WEll i have not checked this post in a while so i have some catching up to do......
    Can you deny that his car is fast? As compaired to other stock cars or my car his car IS fast......
    Now, i have not gotten the priveledge of riding in anything with more go than that and i am sorry i guess:confused:
    But whatever, i am keeping my car throught high school and saving to get something else....
    Thanks for no help
    AC