GUN What causes FTE?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copperhead035, Jan 22, 2007.

1. copperhead035

copperhead035 New Member

I know there are various mechanical problems that can cause fail to feeds, but what all can cause fail to exits?

I went to the range today with a friend that is a noob at shooting. The second round he shot out of my XD failed to eject. Assuming he was limpwristing, I showed him a better grip, and no more problems the rest of the day. I have NEVER had that gun jam on me.

Is it safe to assume that the jam was caused by limpwristing? Can anything else cause a fail to eject? I've yet to see a handgun FTE with someone that knows what they are doing shooting it.

2. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Probably limpwristed it. I did it a few times the first couple of times I fired an automatic. Eventually you learn to keep a firm grip, tense your wrist slightly, or whatever it is that any competent pistol shooter leans to do that keeps the frame relatively stationary so the slide absorbs most of the movement from recoil.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Besides limp wristing, broken extractor, fucked mag, out of spec ammo.

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

burr in chamber, rough chamber, weak extractor spring, fucked up recoil weight spring...

5. slugsgomoo

slugsgomoo New Member

i have an old tokarev 9mm that has weak springs and loves to have FTE's when it gets hot. Let it cool down and it's fine again. I just haven't felt the need to go look for some new springs yet.

I'm always amused at the limp-wristing problem. seems like n00bs worried about the gun coming back on them would have a firmer grip, rather than lighter. :dunno:

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

your friend = :greddy: