What cars come with a stock i6/v6 engine?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by hom3lesshom3boy, Jul 27, 2007.

1. hom3lesshom3boy

hom3lesshom3boy New Member

Just getting into the car game and i want to know what cars come with stock i6/v6 engines. preferably cars that are late 80s/early 90s models. i want to know so i don't have to do any of that expensive engine swapping :x:

2. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

:rofl:

research it for yourself, you little douche

3. Some mustangs have v6 engines. You should totally check them out. You can put clear tail lights on them too!

4. hom3lesshom3boy

:squint: mother fucker you don't think i know to use google? what am i suppose to search "cars that come with v6 engines"? try it yourself and see what comes up :ugh:

local craigslist shows nothing. i've wiki'd most import brands and the only one that comes with that is a supra. don't want it because everyone i know has one

5. hom3lesshom3boy

/sarcasm

6. Everyone you know has a supra?:rofl:

So you know all these people with supras, but you are totally clueless about what other types of cars come with 6 cylinder engines? :rolleyes:

7. Akimbo

Akimbo New Member

if i were you i'd go with a grand am. maybe even a plymouth breeze.

8. hom3lesshom3boy

well okay, not *everyone*, just the ones that are into cars prefer supras. like i said, i'm just getting into cars. like everyone is supposed to be born with an innate index of every car built :ugh2: amirite?

9. hom3lesshom3boy

i don't like the look of american cars :dunno:. at this point, all i'm looking for is a project car with a preferably intact engine and tranny. the rest i hope i can deal with myself, and in teh process learn a thing or two. i only want to have an intact v6/i6 engine so i don't have to deal with expensive engine swapping.

10. How about any of the E36 BMWs with 6 cylinders? 325, 328, M3. If you pick up an earlier one like a 325 you won't spend much. There is a ton of aftermarket support for them and they handle and brake very well for the price.

11. hom3lesshom3boy

:Orly: and what's not spending "much"?

12. You can probably pick up a decent one for $6K. There aren't many japanese cars that we got here with 6 cylinders in them. The ones we did get are expensive (NSX, Supra) or just really heavy (3000GT, Supra.)

13. hom3lesshom3boy

i might as well fuck the engine and work on everything else, and change out the engine when i have the money to do it.

i was looking at the 240sx though :hsd:. opinions?

14. They are 4 cylinders. Also, one with lots of mods still won't make much power. There is a big aftermarket for them, but people will still look at you like some drrrriiiiffftooo douchebag. If that doesn't bother you then go for it. I swear every 240 I see around has some massive exhaust tip and sounds like shit and is lowered improperly and has some body damage going on. I'm sure there are a few nice 240s out there, but they seem to hide.

15. hom3lesshom3boy

:run:. looks like back to square one. thanks.

16. I'm sure the 240 fanboys will come in here soon and argue with me, but that is my opinion of the 240. I really think your best bet for solid performance at a reasonable price is something like a BMW. Hell, you can pick up a 6 cylinder E30 for even less money than a E36. They are simple to work on, light, well built, decent looking, good handling, and very upgradable. The maintenance isn't goiong to be worse than any other car of similar age.

17. hom3lesshom3boy

do you have any other alternatives? the body style doesn't suit my tastes :dunno:. i'm really just looking at eastern imports now. what's your take on t160/180 celicas? and nvm about 6 cylinder stock engines, b/c most likely i'll switch it out anyway.

yeah, i don't want to be a faggo drifting ricer :ugh:

18. I really don't know so much about any older japanese import. I'm really a Corvette fan who happens to like BMW. I can comment on newer japanese cars like STi, WRX, Evo, 240sx, 300zx, 3000gt, RX7, but that's pretty much it. Some E30s look great if done right.

Edit: You really don't like the look of these cars?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. hom3lesshom3boy

or the 300zx?

20. I think they're too heavy, and underpowered, and they don't have as much aftermarket support as some of your other options.

21. hom3lesshom3boy

maybe it's the definitive bmw grill or the headlights, but it just doesn't my style

22. hom3lesshom3boy

are you talking about z31s too? or just the newer ones?

23. Mostly the z32. The z31 was a bit lighter, though they did have less power too. My biggest gripe with the z32 is the styling. I think it looks bland, it's just big expanses of metal without much real shape to it. I mean look at this one:
    [​IMG]
    The hood is nearly square, and it's flat too. The headlights and the panel between them form a rectangle. The sides of the car are just big slabs of metal.

I'm really not a fan of japanese styling, but I think the z32 is a particularly bland example.

24. hom3lesshom3boy

looks aren't too much of importance to me, meaning the first thing i won't be doing with my car is putting a body kit on it lol. i agree with what you say, which is why i'm going with the z31 chassis.

and i think i've realized that i'll be buying a used car with 150k + miles on it, due to the aged nature of the car so i'll most likely have to swap the engine out sooner rather than later. what's the aftermarket like for the z31 then?

25. That's out of my area of knowlegde. There are a few guys on here that can answer that better than me.