What can I use to soften a leather wallet

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Gundam, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Gundam

Gundam Tell Drama he's on my to do list, right after inse

My last wallet bit the dust, and I finally bought a new one. Unfortunately, it's still a bit too stiff for me after a few weeks of breaking it in. Is there anything I can use to soften the leather? I hear saddle soap works, but it may be a bit too strong for a wallet.

2. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

mink oil i think will work, but it will stain it if its a lighter coloured wallet. maybe stop by a cobbler? they might have some recommendations/products on hand

3. Brujo

Brujo New Member

i always use pecards leather conditioner on all my leather goods to oil them and soften them up.

it stains leather a little darker, but not as dark as obenaufs does. i don't think you'll find a negative review of it anywhere... and its cheap!

if you do want your wallet a little darker, i found a neat trick to use with pecards. slab it on generously and then use a heat gun on a low setting to melt the pecards in. i did that on some boots, a belt, and even my sandals, and the the leather has never looked better and softer.

4. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

I do the same, but with allen edmonds leather conditioner since it's easier for me to obtain than other obscure brands