SRS What can I do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sokrateez, Dec 13, 2006.

1. sokrateez

sokrateez Guest

I'll try and make this short. I was with this girl for a while and at the time i was doing a lot of drugs mainly cocaine. She doesnt do any drugs and got fed up. She broke up with me and kicked me out. I realized that I loved her and she loved me too. After fighting very hard i got her back. About a month after that she was confused between me and her ex of 3 years. She broke up with me and i was devistated. we were still hanging out but she was seeing him too. On one occasion i took some xanax and on a different on i was drinking, both of which i promised i would not. Now she says she is mad and hurt. What can I do to get her back? Anybody have a similar experience where something worked?

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

If she is firm in her conviction that she won't date someone who uses drugs recreationally then there's probably not anything you can do.

3. sokrateez

sokrateez Guest

well i guess i forgot to mention that i quit doing drugs. i had a bad problem with coke and havent touched it since. i took a xanax one night and drank another night. i only did that because i was so upset and i dont plan on doing it again

4. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

it seems like you've definitely made a commitment to stop drug use, but actions always speak louder than words. first things first, you'll have to show her you've kicked any old drug habits completely, and try talking with her and explaining why you took the xanax and why you drank. and tell her it's not an excuse but an explanation. when things like this happen, it's best to take the blame for whatever you need to and not to bullshit. people hate bullshit, and they appreciate honesty. just be honest with her.

5. Create

Create :free at last:

It is very hard to maintain a relationship when one party is not 'whole'. Kick your addiction. A relationship takes your focus off of you and onto another. It'd be very, very hard to kick an addiction while trying to build a relationship. If you succeed, you may find that your foundation for sobriety was based on the SO, thus leading you right back to addiction.

6. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

Change to cutout the drugs and habits is an awesome step, and please be sure you are doing this for yourself, not for her.

I'm assuming the time you were with her, is under the 3 years she was with her ex. As thats what it sounds like. How long before she left him did you two hook up?