What can I do to add more power to my little 4 banger.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Infiltrator, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Active Member

I drive a '99 Honda Accord.

Mods done: Apexi coilovers, DC Sports header, Apexi catback exhaust, Unorthodox pulleys (crank, power and alternator) and AEM Cold Air Intake.

If I had the money, I'd either install a turbo or buy a 6 or 8 cylinder car. This car is already paid off so I really don't want to deal with car payments for now. Just looking for ideas. :)

2. MBC

MBC Guest

try to lose weight, it's cheap

3. Infiltrator

You two are just as worthless than the OT forum. Assholes :rolleyes:

4. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

particularly for hondas, it's pretty difficult to get more power out of their tuned out and high compression 4 bangers. which is ironic given the fact that it's the most popular choice as a tuner car. getting even 10 more horses can cost up to $500 with your basic intake, header and exhaust - 10 hp if you're lucky. i say nitrous is the best bang for the buck. FI is always good but it's a lot of hassle and a lot of bills. i have a supercharged prelude and although happy with the power it's given me, i'd probably just do nitrous next time. but there won't be a next time coz the next car i buy is going to be fast out of the box. :big grin:

5. MBC

MBC Guest

?

Weight is the major probleme, try to remove some...I don't see why u're such a gros con

6. MBC

MBC Guest

AEM EMS,

Nos

Octane booster

7. jdmlude2000

jdmlude2000 Guest

well maybe fool around with a nitrous set up if you dont wanna spend to much money...but if you wanna put some serious power down and what not start looking into to turbo/supercharger options. there are a lot out there for accords. and maybe if u find some fun stuff find a nice body kit ... but dont add a wing for god sake... :-D

8. ctang CG5

ctang CG5 New Member

h22 swap. or turbo.

9. Infiltrator

Other than having it moderately lowered with rims, it's all oem (except the mods listed previously). I can't stand the counter top spoilers.

10. J_75

J_75 New Member

1. learn about how internal combustion engines work
    2. learn about your car
    3. learn how to work on your car
    4. learn that less weight = teh win
    5. stop being a jackass
    6. ?
    7. profit

11. NeoPokle

NeoPokle Active Member

I would have someone reprogram the ecu
    other than that without forced induction :dunno:

12. attomica

attomica Active Member

Uh, the Accord is a good car, but it's not a sports car. Hell, it's not even a sporty car. It's a basic, bland commuter car. It wasn't designed to go fast, handle well or look cool. It was designed to get you from point A to point B with relative comfort and safety. THAT'S IT. Now, does any of the "adding power" bullshit really make any sense? If you want to go faster, get a car meant to do it. Don't take a commuter car and try to convert it. With rare and costly exceptions, that never does anything but make you look like a tool to the people who really do understand this concept.

With your current set of "mods", you should be able to find a little wannabe thug, with a backwards-facing baseball cap to buy it. Take that money and buy a sportscar for the same figure. BAM! Faster, cooler car + no car payments = teh win...

You're welcome.

13. Infiltrator

:uh: Just as useless as the OT forum. :slap: me for thinking I can get better replies/ideas. Oh well, now I know better.

14. attomica

attomica Active Member

That's right. Take this lesson with you and pass it around when you're "chillin' wit yo crew" at the local parking lot, admiring each other's "tite rides", yo.

15. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

never ask a serious question that needs a serious answer on OT. that's what i learned. and it's in any forum, not just the OT forum. everyone here is so flame-happy the second they see the word honda. it's a given. go to an actual honda board and ask the question there where you'll get more mature and useful answers. you're not going to find any of that here.