What can i do!? (Telus)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Waramp4X4, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Waramp4X4

Waramp4X4 k car technician

Im posting this for my brother.

My brother is a 28 year old canadian and has a cell phone from telus and a laptop. He just arrived back from thiland this week and his cell phone bill is over 700 dollars because someone is using his internet account. He paid telus 165 dollars to investigate it and they say that it is him using the internet and therefore he has to pay the full amount.

Hes tried to explain to them that he has been thousands of miles away and cant even use the internet over there, and they keep giving him the "the computer says this, the computer says that."

He tried to just shut down his account, in order to start up a new one with different username and password. Telus wont let him because there is charges still left to be paid before the account can be closed.
    What can he do to shut it down or at least stop getting screwd by someone thats using his account?

Can he request to have his password changed without haveing to start up a new account?

BTW they calculated it out and he has to be on the internet for 16 hours a day for the last month, he hasnt been on the internet on his laptop for two months.

Thanks for any help ot!

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

never heard of telus