What can I do here re: frequency

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by lawlkekek, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawlkekek

lawlkekek New Member

I've been lifting (and proper dieting which has always been my downfall when trying to bulk) for about 2 months now without slacking off. I've never been skinny, but never huge thanks genetics+sport all my life. I'm sitting at about 170lbs and 5ft 7, not sure on my body fat it's not a lot though. I'm seeing some clear improvements not only with how much I am lifting compared to when I started but I'm also seeing improvements with my physique.

Anyway, my problem is now all I want to do is lift, I know about recovery time etc, and I do feel as though my sessions are quality. Is the only way to finding out how much is too much by experimenting yourself? Or is there some generalized rule that you shouldn't do: e.g back 2 days in a row? Probably a stupid question.

While I'm here and it's a similar topic, the next 6 weeks for me will be a bit hectic, and I may only have time to lift Fri/Sat/Sun. It just feels to me like maybe 4 days rest per week is too much? Should I smash it out on those 3 days, or just keep it up normally and just hope I don't regress over those 6 weeks?

2. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

There are plenty of stickies to read on here that would answer basically any question you have regarding this.

1. What do you mean proper dieting is your downfall when bulking? As long as you eat clean and pound enough calories you should be bulking just fine? What are your goals?

2. as youll see in a sticky, depending on your routine you should never do the same muscle group back to back days..get yourself on a routine (sticky'd) and mix up workouts.

3. most people here only have time to lift 3 or 4 days a week, and depending on routine then it should be enough..

Start doing some reading on here and look at some shit on T-nation.com before you start to panic again

-my .02 but im sure many would agree. good luck

3. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

This is a very individual thing that no one can really tell you....you sort of have to figure it out on your own. Everyone's bodies have different recovery needs (food, calories, sleep, hormones, etc). Not to mention, you will also have to experiment with what kind of volume you can handle.

All that being said, I wouldnt recommend anything beyond a basic 3,4, or 5 day split. Any more and you won't see any benefits. Years from now, when you know your body inside and out, if you want to train 2x a day 6 days a week, go for it. But understand that things will need to be adjusted, and more than likely, your body will only be able to handle it for a short duration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.