SRS What can I do for my friend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jazz, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

His mom passed away last August from a heart attack a week before her 50th birthday.

Then 4 months later over christmas, his dad found out he has terminal cancer.

They gave him 6 months, but about a month ago he took a turn for the worse. My friend was supposed to get married this Sept. but him and his fiance decided to move the date up so his dad could be there. All planned in like 9 days and every single person invited showed up. Over 500 people at a weekday wedding (only time they could get the place) who came with a week's notice. It was one of the most emotional weddings I've ever been to. Friend went up and did a speech and I have no idea how he got through it. Thanked his wife and her family for being there for him in his time of need and jumping on board to get everything done so quickly. Talked about how caring his mom was and how much she loved her family - how his dad is his idol, and he started listing all the stuff he's taught him. Ended with

"and last August my mom was on her death bed and as my father held her in his arms he taught me one more thing - and that is how to love my wife. So now I stand here before my wife and make a promise. I promise that if I can be half the man my father is, you will never regret marrying me today."

Not a dry eye in the house.

Now fast forward two weeks later and his dad just passed.

I don't even know what to say or do for him. There is nothing that I've encountered in my life that comes close to losing a parent - let alone both of them in well under a year. I don't want to intrude if he's coping with his family, but at the same time I want to be there for him. He's my best friend and I want to help him, but I just don't know how...

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Just be there for him, just say hey if there's anything you want or need i want you to know im here for you ok?

That's all one could ever ask for and is the appropriate thing to do.