What can I do at home without any expensive equipment?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Rufus, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus

Rufus OT Supporter

Hey guys. I'm 15 so I can't drive myself to the gym and my parents work too much to drive me there on a regular basis. So I'm looking to do some workouts at home. What would you guys recommend me doing to start off? I'm a complete noob, so if you can please tell me what kind of equipment I need to get, how to start a workout schedule, etc. I want to keep the cost as low as possible but still get what I need to be serious about this before I can actually get to a gym. Thanks

I'm really skinny and never really gain weight. 5'10" at 110 lbs. Really just looking to gain some muscle and overall strength. What would be a good way to put on some mass while gaining strength?

2. Rufus

Rufus OT Supporter

Also, any good websites to get information on?

3. Mojo

Mojo New Member

either this is the worse advice or one of the better ones: bulk THEN start seriously lifting. 5'10" and 110lb...my ancestors are laughing in their graves (all due respect to them:angel: ). your only 15 so your not missing out much as your still growing. IF i were you, i would put on some weight by taking in more calories on a daily basis' and stick with sports for another year or 2.

as for exercises, i would definately say get ahold of some dumbbells (adjustable weight) that can go from 12lb to 50lb+. heres a site that shows plently exercises that can be done with dumbbells alone working arms, chest, back, etc. http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

websites...
    www.t-nation.com
    www.bodybuilding.com
    www.wannabebig.com

4. Nhubie

Nhubie OT Supporter

just get a standard bar with various bar. You can do so much with it.

5. Baited

Baited Fur Ballin OT Supporter

you are 15 so i'm guessing you are already in highschool...ever think of using the weight room before or after school?

or you can get one of those bench sets for about $150 i think? just be careful unless you have a spotter. then get some weight and a bar and you can use the bar for benching, squatting, barbell rows, shrugs, curls, military press, skull crushers, goodmornings, deadlifts etc...basically everything with the bench set and the barbell/weights you just wont have a spotter (or pull up bar) like you might with a power rack but its a lot cheaper.

6. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

I don't know if it's a good idea to lift heavy at 15, however I might be wrong :dunno:

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

pushups (with weight on you back)
    inverse-pushups (broom stick laying across two chairs, and with weight)
    pull-ups
    overhead press of random objects (logs, rocks, your little brother)
    push something up a hill (wheelbarrow filled with rocks)

just be creative man, do stuff that is physically taxing and eat a bunch if you want to grow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.