A&P What camera is right for me?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by c.a, Mar 9, 2006.

1. c.a

c.a New Member

I need to know what camera is right for me.

I'm looking for a higher end camera in the 300-600 dollar range.

I'm fixing to leave for the military, so it'll need to be very durable and excel in taking pictures outdoors.

I guess thats really the only thing i require. I'm new to this whole photography thing, I'd just like to know what camera would give me the most bang for my buck?

thanks.

2. James Bond

James Bond Guest

35mm???

3. c.a

c.a New Member

digital

4. The Internet

The Internet New Member

If you aren't going to go with a DSLR, I would just get a point and shoot camera that is compact as possible. If you are tempted by a camera that won't fit comfortably in your pocket, you may as well get an SLR or DSLR. The Canon Powershot SD700 ($500) is a very slender camera, takes great stills, and it even has a built-in image stabilizer. Sure, some of the larger point and shoots are capable of zooming farther, but that's about ALL you get (usually): a little bit of extra zoom for a lot of extra bulk. A point and shoot camera should be something that you can comfortably take with you anywhere. :hsd:

Now... if you want to go the DSLR route, you may be able to get a Nikon D50 with a kit lens for around $600. Keep in mind that, down the road, you will be tempted to buy more accessories for it... but that's the beauty of DSLRs. I would highly recommend the D50 at that price range if you do not mind carrying around a substantial camera.

5. c.a

c.a New Member

Yeah, I'd love to have a larger camera for photography and what not, but it would probably be alot more proactical to have a smaller camera. Most recently I've been looking at the Sony Cybershot DSC-T9. Anyone know the quality of pictures that it takes?

6. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

olympus stylus 800? You can use that in the rain.

7. RedLT1Z

RedLT1Z Guest

The Cannon SD line is very small. Great little camera.

8. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

Since you are leaving for military, find something that is as weather resistant as you can get for a P&S.

9. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

the right camera for you is the one that has the features you want and does what you want it to do.