MIL What benefits does the military give you?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kokomo, May 16, 2005.

1. Kokomo

Kokomo OT Supporter

Health , Loan? , Mortgage?

2. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

Well I know the Canadian Forces reserves give you full dental benifits.

Let me find some links

3. Kokomo

Kokomo OT Supporter

How about Help paying mortgage?. I heard Canadain military is basically bank rupt :wtc:

4. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

Reserve Force Pay and Benefits

Pay

The Canadian Forces offer very competitive salaries and benefits. Rates of pay in the Army Reserve are calculated as a daily rate, based on your rank, occupation and experience.

Your pay will be deposited directly into your bank account on the 15th and 30th of each month, with the usual deductions. And remember, Reservists are only paid for days they work. No work�no pay.

Medical and Dental

You will be responsible for your own provincial medical and dental insurance. The Canadian Forces will, however, cover your medical expenses while you are on duty. There is access to a dental plan after you have been with us for six months, which is administered through your unit.

Once enrolled, you become eligible for this Dental Care Plan on the day following three months of service (either full time or part time - scheduled evenings and weekends). If you are not covered by any other dental plan or program and are in good standing with the Unit, you may request and be assigned a reserve dental plan certificate number and will be covered by the plan.

Except for orthodontic work, there is a reimbursement limit of $1,250 per calendar year per covered person for dental expenses. Orthodontic services are subject to a separate lifetime limit of $2,500.

A member serving part time or full time (180 days or less) is entitled to dental care coverage for him/herself only, under this plan.

A member serving on full time service (in excess of 180 days) is entitled to comprehensive dental care through CF dental units. The member's eligible dependants, however, become eligible to claim for reimbursement of eligible dental services under this plan, for the duration of the member's full time service.

Certain other conditions and restrictions may apply. Speak with a Recruiter for further details

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/32brigade/English/Rect/Recruting_Benifits_e.htm

5. Jason H

Jason H Active Member

www.army.ca is a great source for information on the forums. The mortages I don't know. Let me if I can find some more stuff.

And the Canadian Forces just recieved 13 billion in additional funds. So don't worry about us being bankrupt anytime soon ;)

6. Kokomo

Kokomo OT Supporter

Thank you. I might enlist after highschool.

7. Killgunner

Killgunner OT Supporter

Don't... go to school.

8. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

my bro is in the navy, and he saw the entire world, and now he's working in an offfice on land, getting paid to sort through repair files :thumbup:

9. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

Don't go to school?

10. mongorunner

mongorunner New Member

he said don't join, go to school instead:rofl:

11. pakman

pakman New Member

I'm in the Ohio Army National Guard, but I'm currently on active duty right now. In reserve status I get 100% tuition at any public university in Ohio, Montgomery GI Bill (pay for books), and drill pay. Now on active duty I get health and dental care, school tuition, VA loans, the list goes on. Every branch has different benefits, so pick a branch and do some research.

12. pakman

pakman New Member

Well he should've stated that, not everyone looks at a poster's location.

13. pakman

pakman New Member

Ok :hsugh:

14. Fucker

Fucker out of the fast lane, bitches

hollow point wound care.