LGBT What are your turn-offs/dealbreakers when it comes to your partners?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mamoru, Jan 12, 2008.

1. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Inspired by the weird turn-ons thread, and ultimately realizing that I am more familiar with my turn-offs which is quite sad...This list may or may not make me sound like a true asshole, but trust me, I'm not.

Some of my turn-offs and ultimate dealbreakers are:

Bad teeth
    I've got great looking teeth that I take care of and I expect the other person to as well. A warm smile makes me feel warm too.

Bad breath
    Everyone has an oral "scent" some are more tolerable than others.

Shaved/trimmed anything on a body
    I like my guys natural. Trimming the pubes is fine. Shaving the face is fine. But if I run my hands across his chest, or up his thighs and I feel stubble, I'm putting my panties back on and I am OUT of there.

Long/Unkept fingernails and toenails
    IT'S SO EASY TO JUST CUT THEM!!!! Keep them clean. Why do some gay men, in 2008, think it's fine to wear flip flops and have talons on their feet? It's disgusting. I always keep my fingers and toes cut and filed into a shape. ALL men should do that, it's proper hygiene.

Liars/Fakes
    I can't stand liars. I can detect liars, and I can detect their lies. Don't lie to me, because you won't like the outcome.

When a guy sounds like a woman
    I'm sucking your dick because you're a man. But when you open your mouth and sound like Chris Crocker and flail your hands around like a Jewish woman who found a discount at Loehmanns, well, we've got a problem.

Bad eating habits
    I DARE you to chew with your mouth open in front of me.

Blatantly stupid guys
    The kind of guys who want to go to the beach and tan all summer and do only that, and then worry about what sale is going on at Barney's and not give a rats ass about anything remotely intellectual. I try not to keep guys like that in my life.

Drinkers/Alcoholics
    "I drink socially/now and then" means "I am a raging alcoholic." I've had my share of them and they fucking suck. I don't drink much and I hate being the sober one in the realtionshit (not a spelling error).

Drug users
    Alright Methy Mertyl, have fun with your poppers. Just not near me. I don't mind 420. I don't do it, but I don't mind it. Anything beyond that, I prefer not in my life. Even with friends, I try and keep a nice group of drug free, life loving people around, gay, straight, whatever.

Mysogenists/Gay-only guys
    I don't like guys who don't like diversity. I have ALL kinds of friends, black, white, straight, gay, tall, fat, thin, short...Some of my ex's ONLY hung out with gay GUYS. Where's the diversity? Guys who speak ill of women, or berate them, that means they are assholes and it's part of a much larger problem (they will consider the other partner in a relationship to the female role and treat them with ill will).

Girls-only
    It's also bad news when you can only hang out with girls and not maintain any relations with guys. A healthy mix of people in one's life is essential.

Body odors
    If you're going to get intimate with me, make sure your body is washed. Actually, make sure your body is washed even if we're not getting intimate! If you're the kind of guy that needs to be reminded to get showered, then really, you're not for me. Now and then it's hot if we both went to the gym and then raunched around a bit and just took in each other's natural smells, but don't come to me after a long day of working in the office running around and putting your swamp ass in my face.

(Extreme) Hipster clothing
    Sorry, it doesn't do it for me. Listen, you all think "God, this kid is shallow!" but the truth is, I am not. I actually find it endearing when a guy can't dress since I dress so well, but those uber skinny jeans make them look like what HG Wells describes as the creatures on the Island of Doctor Moreau as short legged and disproportionate. Why would I want to look at some aesthetic miscarriage?

I'll add more later...time to start my day!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  2. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

In on almost everything stated. We sound like the polar opposite on others.

You should be smooth and boyish, trim your jungle bush, shave it if you'd like to.
    -I'm the hairy chest masculine type, while I do like guys, I prefer boys.

Theres a difference between effeminate and tragic cunt/queen. Sound like Chris Crocker and you're going to get back handed... I don't mind someone who is "girly" as long as they do realize they have man parts in their pants.

Drinkers/Alcoholics
    Alcohol is just a drug, I don't get why they talk about it any differently. That said I can be a social drinker, I don't want anyone that I have to baby sit though. I have very little tolerance for people who are drunk, realize the things you do and say while drunk are generally very offensive and thats a good way to get left by your designated driver. Have fun walking home.

Drug users
    Out. Don't do them. Not because they are illegal, because I don't want someone who needs a crutch in life. If you can't party and have fun without getting fucked up, then go be fucked up and stay away from me. Alternate realities are for books and movies, not a lifestyle.

I don't so much mind it. Some people pull it off very well. My issue is with people that try it, but have barely over minimum wage jobs. If you can't afford to buy twelve $150 t-shirts at a time, then don't buy just one. People will notice when every time they see you out, you have the same shirt on. Have a sense of style, make your outfits look nice. I like to dress up too, but it's going to be rare, accept it and understand it must be special when I do dress up.

Attitude
    Be the happy uplifting nice guy. Be realistic, but be a good natured person. If I wanted to date myself, I'd just stay single.

3. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

I'm totally with mamoru's list (especially about the body hair, lying, sounding like a girl and hipster clothing) except I can't say much about the alcoholic issue because I drink quite often myself. But yeah, if they look like Tarzan but sound like Jane, it kind of ruins the appeal.

Country music
    I just can't do it. I just can't.

Bad eating habits
    If I lose my appetite watching you eat....

Bitchiness
    it's just a sign of your own insecurity

4. kidwiththeshirt

kidwiththeshirt I'm gay, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Bad teeth
    I've got great looking teeth that I take care of and I expect the other person to as well. A warm smile makes me feel warm too.

Bad breath
    Everyone has an oral "scent" some are more tolerable than others.

I like my guys natural. Trimming the pubes is fine. Shaving the face is fine. But if I run my hands across his chest, or up his thighs and I feel stubble, I'm putting my panties back on and I am OUT of there.

Long/Unkept fingernails and toenails
    IT'S SO EASY TO JUST CUT THEM!!!! Keep them clean. Why do some gay men, in 2008, think it's fine to wear flip flops and have talons on their feet? It's disgusting. I always keep my fingers and toes cut and filed into a shape. ALL men should do that, it's proper hygiene.

Liars/Fakes
    I can't stand liars. I can detect liars, and I can detect their lies. Don't lie to me, because you won't like the outcome.

I'm sucking your dick because you're a man. But when you open your mouth and sound like Chris Crocker and flail your hands around like a Jewish woman who found a discount at Loehmanns, well, we've got a problem.

Bad eating habits
    I DARE you to chew with your mouth open in front of me.

Blatantly stupid guys
    The kind of guys who want to go to the beach and tan all summer and do only that, and then worry about what sale is going on at Barney's and not give a rats ass about anything remotely intellectual. I try not to keep guys like that in my life.

Drinkers/Alcoholics
    "I drink socially/now and then" means "I am a raging alcoholic." I've had my share of them and they fucking suck. I don't drink much and I hate being the sober one in the realtionshit (not a spelling error).

Drug users
    Alright Methy Mertyl, have fun with your poppers. Just not near me. I don't mind 420. I don't do it, but I don't mind it. Anything beyond that, I prefer not in my life. Even with friends, I try and keep a nice group of drug free, life loving people around, gay, straight, whatever.

Mysogenists/Gay-only guys
    I don't like guys who don't like diversity. I have ALL kinds of friends, black, white, straight, gay, tall, fat, thin, short...Some of my ex's ONLY hung out with gay GUYS. Where's the diversity? Guys who speak ill of women, or berate them, that means they are assholes and it's part of a much larger problem (they will consider the other partner in a relationship to the female role and treat them with ill will).

Girls-only
    It's also bad news when you can only hang out with girls and not maintain any relations with guys. A healthy mix of people in one's life is essential.

Body odors
    If you're going to get intimate with me, make sure your body is washed. Actually, make sure your body is washed even if we're not getting intimate! If you're the kind of guy that needs to be reminded to get showered, then really, you're not for me. Now and then it's hot if we both went to the gym and then raunched around a bit and just took in each other's natural smells, but don't come to me after a long day of working in the office running around and putting your swamp ass in my face.

Sorry, it doesn't do it for me. Listen, you all think "God, this kid is shallow!" but the truth is, I am not. I actually find it endearing when a guy can't dress since I dress so well, but those uber skinny jeans make them look like what HG Wells describes as the creatures on the Island of Doctor Moreau as short legged and disproportionate. Why would I want to look at some aesthetic miscarriage?

All of those +

I don't tolerate smoking.
    I don't like lazy people.
    I don't like boring people.
    I don't like people who are consumed by being gay.

5. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

Smoking - Not even casually
    Overly effeminate - You don't have to be a 'man', but you need to be guy
    Must be Anti-Social - That may sound weird but it's very important to me.
    Sane Dress Sense - I don't have any particular tastes, just don't wear anything that will turn heads in disgust, nothing extreme. I hate extreme looks. That goes for hair too.

6. zortnac

zortnac New Member

I don't like being around mean people. Boring people make me feel awkward, as does acute immaturity.

I hate to admit, bad breath totally kills it for me, as does, I guess, poor hygiene in general.

7. Ivan

Ivan New Member

I haven't had enough experiences to know what really turns me off...

What I know for sure is that if the guy is always talking about himself and is a constant "me, me, me, me, me, me, me and more me" without even considering what I might think or feel about certain things...

Well, in short, assholes turn me off. NOT those assholes. :mamoru:

8. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

I don't think I have seen one that I disaggree with.

although must be hairless is one of mine.

9. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Liking bald men are we? :naughty:

:hsugh:

10. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

I have to agree with this 100%.

Instant deal breakers for me:
    Bad Hygiene
    Extremly butch women
    Not on the same intelligence level with me

Those are just a few for now, i'm sure if i thought about i could think of more but those stand out the most.

11. Ivan

Ivan New Member

I see hair. :o

12. Ivan

Ivan New Member

I wonder, was he balding down there too?

:cool:

13. Teh_Sponge

Teh_Sponge Hey, I got a sub now...

looks and intelligence go hand in hand for me

14. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

:squint: Maybe

Okey maybe not that hairless

15. Virality

Virality New Member

Alright, some of the posts in here lead me to ask..

....what is so horrible about cigarettes? :o

16. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

There disgusting, they make your breath and close smell, plus they make your teeth black. I mean yea plus after awhile they make you look older. Plus I HATE the smell of them

17. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

:eek4: :rofl:

18. sholnay

sholnay New Member

19. :|

:| Guest

20. Digital_

Digital_ New Member

/closet/TOW

21. Virality

Virality New Member

Methinks I missed something here

22. CaptainSerious

CaptainSerious Member

I like a real man, not a girly man. Overly faggy, stereotypical, mincing guys dont do anything for me. at all.

23. RX Bandit

RX Bandit Sell You Beautiful »

My biggest dealbreakers:

When a guy says "I'm the most straight acting guy you will ever meet".
    This is always a lie and the guy is just too stupid to realize how effeminate he really acts. And it is very irritating to hear, because it is such a lie the dude isn't truly okay being himself. I played football and lacrosse...but I don't expect my dates to wrestle alligators, that doesn't impress me one bit.

Lack of intelligence (not to be misinterpreted as a lack of formal education).
    Ronnie didn't know who Giuliani was, anything about the Constitution or really anything I talk about even when I am not talking about school. He had me explain everything to him, in very simple ways, and he still didn't understand it. Frightening that he can pass for a high school graduate.

Total closet cases.
    If you aren't okay dating boys don't waste someone's time meeting them for dinner, movies, and going to the beach for a period of four months.

"I've never had anything bad happen to me in life" types.
    You don't need to be a psychiatrist's wet dream when you walk into their office but I am not buying the "charmed life" routine.

Guys that wear make up, use purses, crossdress etc.
    I will be friends with you because I am open minded. But I will not date you.

And then the physical disqualifiers:
    Very hairy
    Heavy (overweight) or muscular types
    Unconventional hair colors
    Piercings

In short I will be alone forever. :o

24. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

- I never boast about acting straight because I don't try to.
    - I'm not a closet case, almost everyone knows I'm gay and if anyone ever asks me I will answer truthfully to their face
    - I don't wear make-up, use purses, cross-dress
    - I'm not hairy, heavy or muscular (at all)
    - I don't dye my hair (if I did it wouldn't be anything that couldn't be a natural color)

- I'm not that smart though, I have alot more common sense and logic but I know little about almost everything

So if that's enough for you there's still hope

25. Virality

Virality New Member

How come?

Just out of curiosity