What are your opinions on Kenwood CD/MP3 players???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by vtec1994, Oct 15, 2002.

1. vtec1994

vtec1994 It always rains at Le Mans

Im debating between the KDC-X859 and KDC-X959. Which should I get? I like the rotary volume on the X859 but I like the overall appearance of the X959, but it has no rotary volume. Help me decide.

2. Picts? I suggest the one with the selector/volume button. My Kenwood deck has buttons for the volume.

3. wet1

wet1 Guest

If it is knob vs button, how long will you own the equipment/vehicle?

Knobs will over time gather carbon under the contacts. This will result in scratchness when you raise or lower the volume. If it is a gang switch with more than one function, some of the functions may continue to work will others don't. You can always remove the covers and clean them with tuner cleaner but you will find that it is a stop gap measure. It will return again.

Buttons don't seem to be plagued by it so much.

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

the roatria buttons are not a resistor there a digital switch so there wont be any scratchness

5. jeremyd

jeremyd Guest

I have a kenwood kdc mp919. It is a damn nice unit. I have no complaints about it at all. The knob never gets sticky or touchy like that of my pioneer.

6. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

and i used to have a ps 909 badass deck

7. pt

pt New Member

I have the Kenwood KDC-MPV619 MP3/CD player and I am very happy with it. You have to burn MP3 discs in a certain format though in order to get them all to play... (sometimes it won't play my DirectCD backup dics..etc)