What are your opinions! Late Period Deal

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Renegade, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Okay my g/f got her last period on the 27th of June. Meaning now she is about 8 days late. Since her last period she has been stressed like crazy over school, over our problems, has exercised more, and has been going to bed later. On about July 11-14 she has some brown spotting and nothing since. We have only used condoms (she is not on birth control), and the condom has never slipped and there has never been any evident leaks. She says she doesnt feel any symptoms of pregnancy and for the past 4 days she says that she can feel her period coming, because her breasts and ovaries hurt.

She usually isn't late, but has been before. She won't take a pregnancy test yet because she has a 8 page paper and finals to study for tomorrow. So based on what I am saying, is there more likely a chance that she is pregnant or that she is late due to the stress? Is it possible for her to miss her period to until her next cycle and not be pregnant?

2. gookarachie

gookarachie New Member

Its been known to happen that she could be late and not be pregnant. Is normally regular like you cold set your watch to it. If so then I woudl be worried. If she is not that regular then I would be less worried untill she starts bleeding.

3. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

periods are weird sometimes, ive had a girl be 9 days late, and i know a girl that was pregnant, but she says she was still having her period...
    if there is nothing in another couple days, i would suggest to her that she go get a test. but if your using a condom and no breaks or anything, its highly unlikely YOU got her pregnant.

4. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

Anything is possible. Go to the fucking store any pony up the $7 for a pregnancy test to put her mind at ease.

You don't need any of the fancy digital crap that they have out now, get the cheapest one they have (they all use the SAME testing mechanism) and have her use it.

5. okita1

they even have them at dollar stores :noes:

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd: Ive heard of girls having some major fucked up periods. It takes about 20 minutes to do a preg test, and that includes the time of going to your nearest store and buying one. Her excuse for not taking one is lame, and I bet that it is nothing more than an excuse. She probably doesnt know herself, and is scared that she might actually be pregnant. INSIST on her taking it, go buy one for 10 bucks, take it out of the package, and next time she goes to piss...hand it to her. Piss on strip and wait for results. Not difficult.

7. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

doesnt surprise me, the cheap ones at walmart are like 2 per box for 8 bucks. Dollar store is even better, they are all the same.

8. gookarachie

gookarachie New Member

Dude, don't get the cheap ones. They are not all the same. A good friend of mine bought the cheap one when his one night stand thought she was prego and it came up negative. then nine months later a baby was born. Spend the extra cash for the piece of mind.

9. okita1

cheap ones work just as well, the test outcome also matters what time the test was taken

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

no, they seriously are the exact same thing. The difference is manufacturer, name brand, and readout.

If a cheap one said negative, then an expensive OTC one would have too, unless of course she used it wrong.

11. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

Another vote for "go get a test". Better safe than sorry.

12. Renegade

Renegade New Member

thats what i was scared about, could the brown spotting be from anything else?

13. Renegade

Renegade New Member

The brown spotting was pretty light, it would come out 2-4 times a day for about 3 days.

14. okita1

sounds like my x when she got pregnant

15. Renegade

Renegade New Member

thats reassuring :(

16. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Because of an increase in the blood supply to your cervix and greater blood flow to the area, you might spot after having a Pap smear, an internal exam, or sex. Other causes include:

Implantation bleeding You may have very scant "implantation bleeding," possibly around 11 or 12 days after fertilization (close to the time you might notice a missed period). It may be caused by the fertilized egg burrowing into the wall of your uterus — a process that starts just six days after fertilization — but no one knows for sure. The bleeding is very light, lasting only a day or two, and only a minority of pregnant women have this kind of spotting at all.

She got the brown discharge about two weeks after her last period, not around the time of a missed period.

17. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

all the info you can find is good for you to know, however I most things you will find can go either way. Why not just go get her a pregnancy test already. It sounds like you are also terrified of what the truth may be, if she is pregnant, you will have to face it sooner or later.

18. okita1

i didnt know what it was at first, i just thought she was having her period, turns out nope

all the more reason to go get the test i would say

i know what your going through, and its scary, im not trying to make it worse for you... sorry

19. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Yes, I would like to get a test and do it now, but she has a paper she is writing and a huge final tomorrow, therefore if she takes it now and is pregnant her schoolwork will be effected. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm scared as hell right now.

20. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

My vote=take a test.

True periods are very wierd, and they really aren't the tell tale sign that you may/ or may not be prego. But she is at the time where a test will be accurate, and it is better to know/ than not to know.

21. okita1

i would say dont worry about it till you get the test, but i know thats impossible

just know that if she is, its not the worst thing that can happen :hs:

22. Renegade

Renegade New Member

I've heard that pregnancy test a week after the period a lot of times turns up with a negative cuz the hcg or whatever it is sometimes takes like a month after your supposed to get your period to show up.

How rare is this?

23. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

It should show up anytime after a missed period. Each female is going to be different. They are 99% accurate though, and usually moreso towards false negatives. If she gets a negative, and continues to show more signs of pregnancy, then see a doc.

Try not to think about it till she takes the test though. Maybe the stress from that alone is causing the irregularities.

24. Renegade

Renegade New Member

I got her to take the test, it was the first response test. She pissed in a cup, dipped it in for 5 seconds, put the cap over the part that was dipped, laid it flat and waited 3 minutes. It came out negative. The only thing i wasnt sure of is that in the directions it says that next to where the results are there might be a rising red bar showing that the test is working. The key word in the directions was maybe, is this important? It clearly showed one bar like a minute after, and after 3 minutes when it was supposed to be checked it was still just one bar for negative

25. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

If you have used condoms and there have been no leaks or breaks, then I wouldn't worry about it.

There are more signs than 'no period' when you are pregnant