what are your favorite headphones?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cassetti, Nov 2, 2004.

1. cassetti

cassetti New Member

Ok - here's the setup:

i have a dell inspirion 700m laptop i bring with me to the library - i love to listen to music. I am a HUGE audiophile (i build home theater systems - and run a pretty decent system in my car - my front stage is a set of adire audio koda's getting almost 100 watts of power each)

i have a set of junky $13 sony wrap around the ear headphones. They work - but don't feel the best - and the bass isn't that warm or full.

i am look for suggestions on some headphones (edit - price under $60 preferably)

that feel great - and are preferably very portable - in the sense that i can take them with me to workout and to the library and whatnot.

i do not like the kind that stick in your ears without any sort of support - cuz they fall out too much for my preferances.

any idea's guys?

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

I prefer the "street style", like these...

[​IMG]

3. cassetti

cassetti New Member

problem with those - is that the two sides are connected together - i don't like that - becasue they don't fold together - and they can't fit into asmall space - any other suggestions?

the ones i got are almose the same shape - execpt they fit in the ears - which i don't mind - and they don't have the band

only problem with them is the lack of sq and the fact that they do start to hurt my ears after extended listening

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

They make a folding band version as well.

5. 04

04 Guest

I'd try looking into the Grado SR-60's. IIRC you can buy them for 60 dollars or so if you look around.

6. Jazz

Jazz Powerhouse of the Scrum

If you're wearing headphones in the library make sure to go with something sealed.

Keeping that in mind, plus your need for portability I'd go with a nice set of earbuds.