SRS What are the preliminary signs of a cocaine overdose?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by careface, Oct 22, 2006.

1. careface

careface Active Member

Are there any? :dunno:

Also, I was told a rule of thumb is to not do over 5 grams in a day. Is there a rule of thumb for the amount not to do in say....an hour?

Just curious

2. careface

careface Active Member

anybody?

3. rhyno

rhyno Clemson Tigers

I would think the amount needed to overdose would vary from person to person. I am not trying to be smartass, but I woulnt base my useage and my life on a 'rule of thumb'.

4. careface

careface Active Member

i never said i was

5. Metal

Metal Active Member

The symptoms of a cocaine overdose are intense and generally short in nature. Although fairly uncommon, people do die from cocaine overdose. The exact amount of cocaine that causes an overdose varies from person to person and is dependent on a variety of factors including weight, metabolism, health etc. Cocaine is often "cut" with various adulterants. This increases the risk of overdose, since the purity of cocaine is difficult to determine. An overdose from cocaine can cause a serious increase in blood pressure, which as a result, bleeding in the brain occurs leading to a higher possibility of a stroke. A cocaine overdose can cause heart and respirator problems resulting in death.

Symptoms of cocaine overdose may include some or all of the following:
    • Dangerous or fatal rise in body temperature
    • Seizures
    • Heart attack
    • Brain hemorrhage
    • Kidney failure
    • Stroke
    • Repeated convulsions
    • Tremors
    • Delirium
    • Death

One of my best friends had a heart attack when he was 17 years old from a Cocaine Overdose after messing around with cocaine and other drugs for only a small period of time but because of the quantity he took that day and because of his body type (she's short and skinny) and had a fast metabolism; it sent him into convulsions resulting in a major heart attack. Luckily he is still alive today and clean off drugs except he still drinks socially and is living with only one lung at 24 years old.

6. gatz914

gatz914 Guest

you dont overdose on cocaine

your have a heart attack
    how fast your heart beats per gram of coke is hard to say, as it depends a lot on personal biochemistry

my advice
    dont overdo it

7. Create

Create :free at last:

Don't even start down this line. I've used maybe five times in my life. It's been over four years since the last time. I can still remember how it felt, physically, mentally...Now that I'm thinking about it I can literally taste it.

This craving never dies.