What are some ways you use to get cut?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MWHC22, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

edit.....pic in later post for reference.

When i say cut...i mean ripped like Brad pit in fight club or snatch. not neccessaraly built up big like he was in Troy though.

im an althleticly built guy. pretty lean defintely have some muscle definition.
    but i am seeing what people think about different ways to getting cut. im by no means overweight or soft. im 6'ft and around 165-170 depending on food and water weight intake.

my roomate is an exersice sport science major and he says it takes an average of 6 weeks to see any difference when you start a program.
    ive been doing one the best i can with the equipment and resources i have. its been about 8 weeks. i can see some differences now but in the next month or 2 i might change up what im doing if i don't look like im getting towards what i am aiming at.

alot of people say to eat less sugars...or less carbs from pastas and bagels and other doughy breads. I eat pretty healthy, lean meats vegatables, fruits, yogurt, oatmeal, cheese, milk, juices etc.

ive also heard people say to help drop fat% and get cut that you need to stop eating dairy and fruits and such with high sugar levels. is this true? it doesn't seem very healthy to me to stop eating any part of the different types of food out there.
    ive tryed to get more carbs from other foods than pasta and bagels and stuff like that. but thats about the only real change ive done to my diet other than trying to up my protein a little by having a protein rich shake each day.

i also run at least every other day and average about 4 miles per run. on the off days ive started doing short sprint interval runs or roller skiing x-country ski style for a few miles. plus i lift weights every other day too as part of my workout schedule.

ive read alot on her and other websites and stuff. so i think im going pretty good and i just need to wait it out and see what happens after i stick to it another 8 to 10 weeks. but i was wondering what others think or what worked for them. :wavey:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  2. MWHC22

oh...im trying to do an ab routine too every other day. i got pissed off that i lost my six pack i had in highschool and it seems to be hell to get it back.

and my weight schedule is a cycle of 1)lats/shoulders/back 2)arms/chest/legs

should i spred it to a 3 routine cycle? it takes me about 45 to an hour to do either of these days. plus 15 ab workout....plus running about a mile for warm up. what else should i ad? am i missing anything to make sure i am hitting the whole body with the weights?

3. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

:rofl:

4. MWHC22

ummm...i have no sticky.

is 165 170 not big enough for you?.....im not trying to be all broly. im trying to be cut like a boxer.

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i bet boxers have a whole lot more lbm than you, bud

6. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

touche :mamoru:

7. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

what the hell type of boxers are you talking about? featherweights?

8. SuperGriff34

SuperGriff34 OT Supporter

im 5'9" and i weigh 155, and im no where near cut/ripped.... get your ass to the gym and lift some damn weights

9. SuperGriff34

SuperGriff34 OT Supporter

i feel yah man i feel yah :wtc:

10. TOAD

TOAD New Member

Different people have different goals, folks.

ps- the best lb for lb boxers are the little guys.

11. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::hsugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. dmaestro

dmaestro New Member

i was laughing at that too :rofl::rofl:

13. joy division

joy division New Member

go box for 5 years if you want to be built like a boxer. Bring hard work and dedication with you.

14. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

:ugh: ,,, you guys are kicking the guys ass for asking a question,,,,,,,,,a dumb question that you're all probably sick of answering but, everyone has to start somewhere, this thread got mean real quick.

just read the stickies.

see how easy, wow, just trying to be the nice guy here, please don't hunt me down and hurt me for pointing out how mean this thread got in a hurry towards someone asking for advice (yes i know it's on a sticky and you're all sick of people asking the same shit every day)

ah screw it, i tried to keep a straight face with this reply but i couldn't, tear the dude up, that's hillarious :rofl:

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:werd:

16. MWHC22

wow the brilliance of the broly boys is amazing in here.

first...i did read the stickies....didn't get much info that i felt was anything enlightening. it basically says lift some weights....do some cardio...eat right...blah blah blah. yeah i fucking got that shit down. what the hell do you think im doing already. im just trying to get some opions on how i can tweak my routine to make it work best for me. obviously i need to find what works best for me....so i thought id ask for some ideas and maybe try a few of them out.

second...to the dick who is being a bitch sayin i don't have a stickie cuz its the first thread.... no shit. thats why i said and i quote "ummm i have no sticky"
    it was a respose to some one above that was giving me shit becasue he thought i had a sticky even though i was only the first thread.

third.... so im 165-170... big woop. so im not arnold. none of you are either. i was 180 and not very defined over christmas....i got some motivation ove the past semster and have been woking out....i cut down a little over the semester with half ass workouts then i droped another 7 or 8 lbs over the past couple months of working out every other day and now i have some definition but not alot.

4th i am lifting some weights....every other day to be exact. alternating with heavy cardio days cuz i plan on running a marathon in colorado in october. im built lean and don't have a very big frame. even though i agree that im quite small for my height i don't way a whole lot different than most other guys unless they workout.

and yeah laugh all you want about my gaol to achieve the build brad pitt had in fight club or snatch. most people wish they could look like that but few ever do. he just the example i used since most people know what he looked like in those movies.

so lets recap.....
    -duh i have no sticky...i never asked for one or thought i had one.
    -i lift weights...intermitentlay last year and have been every other day for the last 2 months never missed a day. im not going to miss a day either cuz i want to achieve my goals of fitness and build.
    -i eat healthy...but wondered what other people might suggest as a modification for me
    -i run and roller ski ever other day
    -i want to get cut.....then bulk up over time. im not trying to be broly, or body build, i just want to be fit like i used to be when i played soccer or x-country skied 6 days a week, plus rock climbing and working out at least 3 times a week back in highschool.
    -i read the stickies.....they just seemed like very general info to me...i try to impliment as much of whats in those as i can already.
    -i was 180 over christmas.....went down to 176 this spring....went down to 165-170 this summer and i weight myself today and after eating dinner i was 171. which is close to average weight for me right now when im hydrated and have eaten.

17. MWHC22

here is a pic of me about a month ago. im a little more difined now.
    i realize its only been 2 months so not alot will happen yet. when school rolls around in the fall im going to change up my routine in someway if it the program doesn't deliver some decent results since it will have been 4 months by then.

[​IMG]

18. MWHC22

thats kinda what ive been hearing....i agree in need muscle mass.... im not a big guy...never have been....im want to add some lean body mass.... but i don't want to add weight unless its muscle. which is why im trying to eat more protein calories and less carbs....before i consumed a large percent of my daily intake with carbs. what are some methods to add lean body mass? ive been reading that protein energy shakes are a good thing to start using for some of your calories as they are designed to suppliment what normal foods don't really have alot of. is this true?

i still want to get my 6 pack back though. im trying to build up my abs so they will show definition even though i may not cut down too far....it just drives me nuts to have this layer of soft on my stomach...so im trying to lose it.

eventually i think a good cut weight i am aiming for would be about 190 or so. im not very big framed so that will be pretty good for me. my dad is a construction foreman....he is 6"2 and is around 205lbs. hes not very defined since he is older (mid 50's) but he is as big as any other guy out there that works out or not.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  19. MWHC22

i have some protein shake mix that i picked up......its from INstone....and it says it has 6 grams of fatty acids including Flax, DHA, and CLA. is that what the flaxseed oil and fish oil are for?

20. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Basically, yeah.

Looking at your picture and stats you should be bulking right now, not getting "cut." Brad Pitt is skinny as hell in fight club and his physique could easily be had with lots of cardio and a low calorie diet. Almost anyone in half-decent shape could attain that physique within a year.

What I recommend you do from here... Up your calorie intake. You should be eating at least 3500-4000 calories a day. Make sure you incorporate compound movements into your workout routine (squats and deadlifts are essential.) Do your exercises with heavy weights and low reps. When you do your ab routine, use plates for everything instead of various crunches and situps. A swiss ball would help, too. And finally, use free weights and stay the fuck away from machines.

It really is that easy. Eat lots of calories, lift heavy weights, and dedicate yourself. That's all there is too it.

21. Zaffir

Zaffir OT Supporter

Never thought i'd say this, but pokesteve is right.

Get some muscle in there. You'll put on some fat if you're eating enough to build lean mass, but nothing you can't lose in a few months.

22. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

agreed... that is the first and only post I've ever seen by Pokesteve that was actually correct. I was hoping the trend would continue, but then I read his next posts and realized that it was a just a fluke.

23. MWHC22

yeah i hate machines but thats all i have right now.....im moving on to campus this week....they have a free weight room fully set up but it has only certain hours you can use it. so i might not be able to use it depending on my schedule on work out days.

24. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

NO STICKY FOR HOME BUT IF I HAVE STICKY ON FLOOR THAN HALF STICKY 4 U KEKE ^__^

lc

Look if you plan on being a marathon runner forget anything about weights or being muscular right now and just run.

25. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

this thread make baby Jesus cry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.