What are my options here?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 95ACEX, Aug 24, 2007.

1. 95ACEX

95ACEX Texas is the reason

This is a strange story so bear with me...

I used to work at a company that offered discounted Sprint cellphone plans to its employees. I quit there 4 years ago but was never removed from the employee calling plan, even after they canceled the agreement (my ex coworkers phones were shut off even though they were still working there). Now my phone (An LG 1200) is about to die and I need to upgrade. I remember doing something called an ESN change when I got this phone way back, would that still work again? Also, can I just buy a Sprint phone off of ebay and get an ESN change done on it? I don't know a whole lot about cellphones but I'd rather not lose this plan, it's a good deal.

By the way my plan is called the "$15.00 Sprint Third Party Emp Plan" on my statement. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. BlackWRX

BlackWRX New Member

As long as it is a legit sprint phone(aka says SPRINT) they should activate it. All you need to do is buy the new phone and call them to activate it and switch your current number to the new phone.

3. GearHead

GearHead Active Member

I dunno about Sprint, but when I had Verizon you could do ESN swaps online and save the $30 or whatever bullshit fee they charge you to punch some numbers into a computer.

4. 95ACEX

95ACEX Texas is the reason

it doesn't look like sprint has anything like that, I'll have to give them a call today. Thanks for your replies.