GUN What are my 10/22 trigger options besides Kidd, VQ, and Hornet?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Emfuser, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

(Doesn't it suck that '10/22' isn't search-able on vbulletin? :greddy:)

I'm looking to do 10/22 upgrades I've been putting off because my gf simply cannot learn on my military rifles. I'll shoot the shit out of this thing too, but I'm not looking for the hottest thing out there, I just want to make a decent round of upgrades.

I've seen Kidd. I'm not interested in that sort of money on a trigger group for this rifle. VQ is about the same, it's some serious $$$ that I don't want to spend on a trigger group.

Hornet is plastic. Fuck that.

What else is out there in terms of whole trigger groups?

2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Hornet is a reworked factory unit.

Personally, I'd just either do that, or skip the bullshit and go Kidd. The Hornet is a huge step-up from the factory, and better IMO than the VQ/PC drop in parts. Past that I think you pay more, to get not much better, until you get to the Kidd. It stands alone.

3. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Just looked at the website... and you are right. Dunno when they switched, mine isn't like that. Glocks are plastic, as well as the Ruger magazines. Don't hear about too many of those breaking.

Then again, mine was only $50 too. Maybe not quite the good deal they were.....

**Edit again**

You can swap the trigger housing to the factory cast aluminum for $19, if that suits your fancy.
    What trigger group are you looking at? I just sent a factory in, paid $50, and they sent it back worked over.

4. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

The drop VQ in parts work really great, and if you polish them up a little it makes for a really nice feeling trigger pull.

5. Emfuser

I'm giving serious consideration to the factory rebuild service.

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Mine isn't bad. Little mushy, but better IMO than doing the VQ/PC drop in deal. I need to get that overtravel trigger for it.

Got nothing on a Kidd though....

7. Emfuser

I'm far more interested in other military rifle expenditures than I am in making a 10/22 with the best trigger on earth.

8. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Jewell doesn't make 10/22 triggers anymore, so it's good that you don't want one. :mamoru:

9. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Jard makes good trigger. I fucking LOVE my 1.5# setup :o

and it's a complete drop in group, which is nice.

10. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I make my living selling triggers, got fancy triggers in all my guns, best money can buy. I kid you not that the kidd 10/22 trigger is the best trigger on any gun.

If your going to go cheap just get some of those drop in parts from VQ. Stone and fit everything. It'll be better than stock, just don't ever pull on a kidd trigger or your credit card is going to get hotter that month.

Honestly you only live once. Buy a kidd trigger, you won't regret it.

11. Emfuser

I simply don't care enough about the 10/22 to put that trigger on it. From your perspective, that doesn't make sense, but shooting is your life. This is a hobby for me for which I do not have an unlimited budget nor a desire to make things competition-grade.

In other words, I'm not going to buy a Ferrari when a Chevy Camaro has all my particular bases covered. I do my "buy once, cry once" purchases on stuff that I care about more, and my 10/22 isn't on that list.

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i have a VQ parts kit that shoots very well. I dont have any way to measure the trigger pull but its a clean break.

5 shot group @ 25yds:

[​IMG]

i still need to tweak it some because the sear/disconnecter is giving me some issues; nothing big.