SRS What am I to do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DarkDruid, May 29, 2008.

1. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

I know that I am kinda young but I think I am fairly more mature for my age but I think this has created a bit of a problem in my life.(19) I feel lacking in the area of friends, of relationships, of accomplishments, and I am scared shit less about my future.

Let me start by saying I have dated only twice in my life. One a year ago ( for 4 months) and the other with a coworker at my old work in February but she kinda freaked out so that one only lasted days. Anyways I haven't really had very much relationship experience but to be fully honest it's hard for me to find women I like. I am told I am attractive by every girl I know and I have grown to the point where I am fairly confident of myself but not cocky. I am looking for not something too serious (I mean I don't want to get too intimate too quick) and I despise the idea of a one night stand. I look around at all the girls my age and they are all so shallow as in that they don't do things besides makeup and they are just looking to fool around. For me it's hard to meet girls and perhaps I have too high of standards but I want be looking for girls that are interested in me for me and that I don't have to court and impress because I am not into playing bs games.

As for my friends it's kind of a weird situation. I still have all my friends but I never see them or really hang out with them anymore. About a month and a half ago I got really stressed out about being unhappy about school, and no relationships, my friends, and work that I decided I needed a change to stay sane. So I got a job a server (a good change). And that's pretty much it.

As for my accomplishments I want to learn to play the guitar (better), play in a band, take picture (I love photography), jog/lift weights, and go outside and hike/camp. My problem is that I either don't have the motivation to do these things (mostly), I don't have time (second), and I don't want to do them alone (band/camping/hiking).

Can anyone offer me some advice about what I should do? I am trying to stay positive and I was wondering if anyone could see the void in my life that I feel but can't precisely see? :sadwavey:

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

well how old are you? that will determine a lot of peoples replies. If you're only 18 you have nothing to worry about. If you're 25 you probably do need to change a lot of things because if you don't you'll be 30 before you know it.

I'm in the same boat as you with relationships. I've only had a couple 3 month relationships and I'm not about one night stands either. All I can say is just make sure you don't get too attached because not being experienced wtih relationships can cause that to happen soon. Kind of the reason why my last relationship didn't work out.

But are on you facebook or myspace? I'm only a fan of those because it allows you to keep up with friends easily. And sometimes you ask them what they are doing and it ends up working out because you both are able to hang out at a given time.

But I have a feeling you're probably lke 19 or 20 so I wouldn't worry too much. Focusing on school is probably more important right now.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The keywords = "Initiate"

Every relationship is born out of your actions, reality is that no one is going to come to you out of their own intentions, you are the one who not only has to start it, but also the one who needs to understand that a relationship is a continues investment and sacrifice.

When it comes to your future don't worry about a thing.

If you are in a rut and stuck with your life, you need to give it a swing in a new and positive direction by carving a new path with your own power.

Do not expect leperchauns to appear and solve your issues, do not wait, be the dictator of your own life and take the situation in your own hands.

There are only three directions in life, down where death lies, stay where you are and go in circles, or up where an improved life lies ahead, the first 2 are worthless and lead to nowhere, this is important because it means you can set the course of your life, to the only direction that is valuable ,namely upwards towards into progress. It doesn't matter from there on wether you win or lose in life, you simply keep on following the positive course, that way you can ALWAYS be confident no matter what happens, because you know that going for gold in your life is the only right way to live.

If change was just a thought, then anyone could do it. But reality is that you can't just sit around feeling miserable for yourself and the situation you are in while being punched in the face by the reality of life. Those thoughts of change, can't become real if you just sit around feeling sorry for yourself, if you want to change then why would you stay in a state of paralyzation? If that happens it means you do not want to change, you are simply waiting for the world and people to change around you as you see fit, therefore

Without walking, there's no way to move forward, you'll just end up waiting.

it really doesn't matter how smart/mature you are if you aren't willing to work your ass off you still lose.