what am i to do?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by goldfish, May 13, 2008.

1. goldfish

goldfish New Member

So i moved away from home about 1 1/2 hours to go to school. I'm a nanny and decided to move home to save money and be closer to my bf and family. My bf and I have been together over 2 years. Well the people I nanny for are pretty much begging me to stay and offered me a room in their house. It's huge...own bathroom, walk in closet, etc. I am really torn...should I move back home to be closer to my bf (we see eachother about every weekend) or should I stay here and live in that house?

Basically I would be saving money either way...
    option 1 - be closer to my bf and family
    option 2 - stay where I am and make friends where I am (only problem - feel like a permanent guest)

Everyone is telling that I should stay and that its a great opportunity. Even my bf...

2. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

ummm I dunno. I'm a nanny and I don't think I'd ever live-in. I've had some amazing offers too. 40k, my own car, vacations with the family... but that means I'm on call all the time and taking time to go visit my family would be next to impossible. If you're going to do it, make SURE you have a bitchin contract.

3. harleysilo

harleysilo New Member

I know a nanny, she fucked the man of the house. LOL. So theoretical question, how much more would they have to sweeten the deal to get full service?

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How much are we talking here that you'd be making?

What the hell would you do with your life once home? Other than seeing your bf?

5. Vector

Vector New Member

You said you moved to go to school...are you done with school completely or just on a summer break? If it's just summer break, I would totally stay -- 3 months is nothing in the larger scheme of things.

6. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

yeah, i think we need some of these details to help you better. if its for summer break, and you are making a good amount of money that you can just stash away and save since you wont be paying for rent, then its a great opportunity.

would you have any type of job back home?

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

EXACTLY why I'd never do it. It takes to no time until you're being taken advantage of.

You need to write down all your expenses and income with both situations and compare before you make this decision IMO

8. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle *lube'n up the shock paddles*

STAY

Are you going to school or are you like going to be a nanny for life? If so make sure you can travel.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I wouldn't do it. Even if you had a contract written up or what not regarding when you are working, what you are doing while working, etc, you're still living in someone else's home, so you wouldn't have complete freedom.

And even if they didn't know they were doing it, they might still abuse it...not even realize they were thinking "oh, she's here, she can take care of stuff".

but that's me. I've gotten way too used to/attached to my complete freedom once I moved out of my parents' place.

10. goldfish

goldfish New Member

thanks guys for all your responses. I've got some real thinking to do...I've got a list of questions to ask them. And I like the contract idea!!