SRS What am I supposed to think about this?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chucklenut, Apr 2, 2007.

1. chucklenut

chucklenut New Member

I just got off the phone with my best freind. We see eachother all the time. talk literally every day, ect.

well me and her were bullshitting about college and it came up. she said she wants to marry a rich old guy and use his money. i told her she wouldn't be happy, and she started to talk about a car she could buy then drive down and buy nice clothes ect.

i told her that all fancy cars/clothes are, are things we already have with big names. i told her it was tacky that she would do that.

asked her if she was mad, says "yeah. im hanging up now."

what the hell? i was being honest with her and she was totally serious about marrying an old guy for his money ect.

what am i supposed to think about this? wtf?

2. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

most girls think like this. Its a fact of life. As much as I use to not think so money does get you chicks and cars and I honestly can say money is one of the few things that makes me happy.

Edit: just tell her you have a different view on happiness and lets not discuss this again.

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

If she wants to be a golddigger, that's her business.

But she shouldn't get mad when you point out to her that she is, in fact, a golddigger.

She doesn't get to have her cake and eat it to.

Is she seriously considering this, or was she fantasizing about "taking the easy way out?"

4. 7960

7960 New Member

marrying someone for money is a shallow thing to do.

she knows this.

by pointing out that it's wrong you're telling her you know she's shallow.

her anger is basically because she said "I want to do something stupid" and you told her "only a stupid person would do that."

5. Toxygen

Toxygen So it goes

:rofl:

I'm sorry but if someone asks OT for advice, it's for a reason and they know what to expect. :wavey:

That being said, I have to say that she's probably mad at you OP because you basically DID call her a gold digger, and she thought, I assume, as her friend, that you would say "honey! of course that's a good idea!"
    :ugh: :wavey:

6. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

no all girls are gold diggers weather they admit it or not. Some are just worse then others.

7. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

sad.. i can say the same about guys

8. mrchina

mrchina Guest

You're not supposed to think anything there bro.

You're telling the (bitch?) girl what she should and shouldn't do. Bad first move.

Second, I think you're really digging deeper then you should have. Take the comment at face value. Maybe she was being light hearted and you had to lay the law down on her and she got mad.

9. GanglyGoodness

GanglyGoodness .

Some people can't be arsed to make anything of themselves with hard work, so they take the easy way out. And girls get the "gold digger" label because they have a lot of power over guys who are insecure, themselves.

10. level99

level99 Guest

clearly u are not her friend. and just trying to get w/ her but have been friendzoned since day 2. And too chicken to move on. If it was a guy friend (if you are capable of having guy friends :hay:) u wouldnt give 2 shitz if he said some shit like Oh I wanna marry a rich girl and mooch off of her.

11. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

well said