What am I looking at here...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Lempdoe, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Lempdoe

Lempdoe gettin while the gettin's good

Guys,

I was pulling out of my driveway on Friday night and cut the corner a bit close (stupid, I was fumbling with the alarm). Anyway I clipped a parked car with my rear fender. Basically unnoticeable damage to his car (some of my paint was left over, I wiped it off with my hand) but I dented my rear quarter-panel and scratched my car.

Look at the pics below. I'm sure it'll be immeasureably expensive to fix just the dent, but perhaps it can be popped out (doubtful IMO)? What do you suggest to remove the scratch?

I'm sad :(

http://home.earthlink.net/~gerrety/moron/

The car I hit is the 'victim'

2. Robb

Robb Guest

Probably looking at replacing the panel if you want the long dent out, to remove the paint transfer youd need to clay and maybe use a paint cleaner. Sorry about the misfortune

3. Since the dent begins at the edge of the wheel well; your probably looking at a replacement part (as Robb said). Most dentless places won't touch a door ding close to an edge let alone a horizontal dent that begins at one.

Although some bondo and fancy hammer should make your car look 90%.

4. Lempdoe

Lempdoe gettin while the gettin's good

It's not so much the cost of the replacement part that bothers me (although honestly I've got no clue how much it is), but more the labor involved with taking off my entire rear quarter.

:(

5. Robb

Robb Guest

the part is probably ~200 or so, just depends on you as to how you want to fix it, you could go the bondo way and that would last a couple years. depends on how long you plan on owning the car