SRS What age is the right age?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kylio27, Jul 10, 2009.

1. kylio27

kylio27 New Member

What age should you be when you stop believin in like the tooth fairy, santa clause, easter bunny and all that shite....what, maybe 11-12?

I have a cuzin, 15 years old....................still believes in gay marriage

2. skierd

skierd Member

Is this a troll post or are you in the wrong forum?

3. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

:ugh: What? Gay Marriage?

If this is a serious post...personally, I don't think anyone should raise their kids with stupid fantasies such as that. Then again, I've never had kids... but I would never tell my kids a little fairy came to take their tooth away in the middle of the night :ugh: I don't understand what is so hard about being honest with your kids. Is it fun to do that sort of thing? I wouldn't know but I'd be open to hearing someone else's experiences.

4. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Kids have the right to have their fairy tales. I'm sure no one ran up to you when you were 2 and said, "Oh yeah? well Santa isnt real!"

5. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

AE check isle 1 :hsugh:

6. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

I was raised in a Jewish home so I don't think I would be phased or surprised if that happened to me as a kid. :hs:

I believe telling kids fairy tales is no problem, in a story-setting... like bed time stories. Giving kids fantastical explinations for real-world phenomenon, on the other hand, is a stupid thing to do. Seriously, why is it so bad for kids to realize that it isn't Santa who brings them presents but their parents, or telling them it was the parents from the get go? Aren't holidays like Christmas supposed to be a time for family and love and all of those other happy cuddly things?

I just think those things can be just as enjoyable without all the made-up crap. Seriously, what does a giant bunny have to do with the resurrection of Christ? (Easter) or fairies and teeth? Eh I dunno... just my own beliefs.

7. notladstyle

notladstyle New Member

Definitely a troll post... But I laughed hard.