What aerobic machines can I use that dont work the butt/thigh

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Renegade, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Sorry this was posted in another thread but it doesnt get many looks.

I currently am 5 8 160 and have developed a small belly, meaning when I suck my stomach in as far as I can it becomes flat. Can anyone give me a range of how much weight I would probably need to lose to get it flat again?

Also I have a big ass for my body frame and feel like theres some fat there that could be burned off. What aerobic machine can I use because I do not want to use elliptical or stair trainer since it builds muscle in that area and I can not run due to flat feet, but can walk briskly.

This is what I don't want

Research at the University of Oregon showed that elliptical machines also give your muscles
    a great workout. For example, the study found that elliptical machines worked the glutes
    (butt muscles) 30 percent better than steppers and the quadriceps (the thigh muscle that
    extends the leg) 60 percent better than most cardiovascular machines

So it seems like all cardio (in the gym) builds muscle in the butt except walking, I guess maybe I will walk real fast around campus for an hour.

2. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

3. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Im for real, can someone help?

4. littlewing

littlewing fly on

You're not going to get a bigger ass by using the elliptical. Do you see all those hot chicks on the machines in the gym? Do you think they'd be doing cardio for 5 hours a day if it made their ass bigger? They're doing it to make their ass smaller. You also need to re-read that quote. :coolugh:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  5. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Alright thanks.

6. littlewing

littlewing fly on

One more thing. It's hard to say how much you should lose to make your stomach flat w/out pics or any other info. Just play it by ear. If you're happy with what you see then you've lost enough.

7. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

YOu will gain negligable muscle doing cardio. Mostly you will just work up the endurance of the muscle that is already there.

8. Renegade

Renegade New Member

Thanks.

I read the weightloss sticky, I pretty much am going to do elliptical 4 times a week for 45 minutes, and weight lift 2-3 times a week. I also am going to cut out sweets and junk, but I will still eat mostly what I do and I can only manage to eat 3 times a day. Hopefully this will be enough. I am not even really big, just want to slim down a little so I think that just cutting out a few junk foods and doing some cardio (since I dont do any right now) should work just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.