What advice can I give here?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Maffy29, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

A friend of mine is in a bit of a pickle.

About a year ago, she moved to SF, CA from Colorado to be with a college sweetheart. She is working on her masters degree in education (to be a teacher) and he is the assistant general manager of a franchise restaurant. She found a place (roommate ad on Craigslist) and started working as a nanny while she went back to school. She thought he was ready to settle down in a committed relationship, but she was wrong. He is 29 years old, still lives at home with the parents and has very little motivation to change his situation. He would pass on seeing her to "spend time at home" or work a few extra hours.

She knows for a fact, he is not seeing anybody else nor is anybody else in the picture. One a scale of 1 - 10, he has a personality score of about 2.43.

She finally made the move to get out of California and end that chapter of her life. She got in touch with a friend living in the Dallas area and moved there. She had been there a little while and begins getting sick. She goes to the doctor thinking that she has a stomach bug. Turns out she's pregnant. The father is obviously the guy back in California. Shortly after learning of the pregnancy, he loses his job because corporate closed many of their restaurants. She has very little income coming in due to her just finishing school this past May. He wants her to come back to California (where they will live with his parents), she wants him to come to Texas or back near her family in Denver, CO.

My advice was to put the child up for adoption as she (or him) are in no position to support a new baby. She agreed that the timing of this is horrible.

Anybody have any other suggestions I can mention to her? For the record, I have ZERO romantic interest in this girl. We are very good friends and have known each other since about 1999.

2. Rich

Rich New Member

I'd say adoption is a good idea. It may be hard for her but it's better off for the baby to be with someone who can support it the way it needs to be.

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

The best interest of her child (assuming she's going to raise the baby and not put it up for adoption) would probably be back near HER home in Denver, where the child can be around her family growing up and where she'll have a support network in case the guy turns out to be a deadbeat. So, that's probably her best option, and let her give the father the option of moving there or figure out visitation somehow if he wants to be a part of the child's life.

Then again, if she isn't ASKING you for advice, you should probably mind your own business. People don't even listen to advice when they ASK for it, let alone when they don't ask for it, so you'll be talking to the air.

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

She asked me what she should do when she first found out she was pregnant and I told her that adoption would be good. She had been very upset about the waste of time, money, emotion and effort that moving to California had been for her. I told her that this child would mean a life long connection to this guy that she was all about putting in her past.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Adoption or Abortion :dunno:

6. fray

fray New Member

abortion.

what is her stance on that?

7. fray

fray New Member

I didn't read this....this is good too if she wants to keep it.

8. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

She is very very Republican.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Great. So adoption :x: