WEB What ads to use?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mr Coffee, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I'm about to open a web service similar to craigslist/gumtree/kijjjiji or whatever it's spelt like.

One of the ways we thought of making some money out of this is either ad services like AdSense, premium listings and/or something like Amazon Associates stuff.

I've been searching around here and i'm thinking of using a combination of adsense with something else, using OpenX to rotate them.

Can anyone give me any advice, details about a small/medium-sized business they own and how much their income is from that and anything you think will help?

Cheers.

2. Ricky

Ricky █▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

If i were you, i would focus on bringing in users and building up the database first.

3. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

^

don't let them come up on an empty ass page with ads on it

maybe have a donate button or some shit

4. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

I already have a lot of people that are interested in it, and it's certainly not a bad idea but i've got to write up a business plan for it first and that's why i need to know so i can enter that information in.

I'm just currently interested in finding out only the relative data, and what others expectations and income is so i can make an accurate representation in my own plan.