what about this TV? v. guy i work w/ swears its the best for the money

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by popsnbeer, Aug 18, 2009.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

He uses mainly consumer reports for his purchases and saw this one last year at the top of the list. He hasn't bought it yet, but is considering a new tv purchase and I wanted to run this by you all to see what else he could get for this range of price.

Samsung LN-46A650

Thanks for your help OT :)

2. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

no thoughts here? this is the touch of color samsung TV.

3. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

That tv is old. The new model is the B650. It's good comparing it to other lcd tvs. It's not the best one, but upper half I'd say. Going to consumer reports for tv advice not really the best idea. Check a/v magazines since they go by technical aspects that matter, not bullshit reviews consumers write with no idea what motion resolution is.

4. inferno22

inferno22 New Member

its a good tv probably one of the better ones for last years models, however they have newer models out. The comparable model this year would be the Ln46b640. This years 650 model has higher contrast then last years, the content library, and internet @ tv. Samsung is probably one of the best LCD manufacturers on the market right now, but as far as plasma goes I would look at the Panasonic 50g10 and the 50v10, probably the best tvs out on the market right now