What about a 1992 Corrado SLC?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mzmtg, Jan 17, 2004.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

A friend and I are going to check out a 1992 VW Corrado SLC on Monday. (For his son, not me) Are there any things in particular we should keep an eye on?

I dont know the mileage. But it does have a malfunctioning spoiler and sunroof. Also, it has a shitty Maaco paintjob. But the guy only wants about $2500 for it.

2. Audiophile

Audiophile boom boom

if it's a g60, make sure the blower is still functioning. they will usually go bad over 100k. mine friends g60 had the speedo cluster go hay wire and now it read 800k :wtf: if just keeps adding mileage

3. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

Corrado's are the biggest Money pits VW ever made.... I own a 93 tho. :o

Since its a vr6, look for a bad head gasket around cyl. #1 (p. side rear corner). Water pumps really like to fail on early vr6's, as do timing chain tensioners.

Sunroofs are always broken in VW's. they can be pretty expensive to fix.

Rear spoiler not working is probably just the motor. No biggy.

Depending on the mileage and condition, $2500 might not be too bad. be prepared to spend at least 1/2 that in repairs in the 1st year alone.

Generally with VW's, its worth the time and effort and money to find one in really really good condition. VW's that have been looked after will still break down, but not nearly as much, and you won't also be constantly repairing all the shit the prev. owner never did.

4. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Most all euro cars are money pits. I've put a little over 3k in my 190E and it's still at my buddy's shop.

I could write a book for all the shit that's wrong with :o

I'm just glad it isn't my daily driver or I'd be pissed :hs: