MMA WFA sackriding

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Sammo, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Am I the only one who thought this card was mostly crap? Fighters who flunked out of the UFC, Bas versus some dogshit opponent (whether it was Kimo, Wes, Warpath or Tank), and only a good, legitimate main event. Razor Rob and Machida were exceptions, but still...:ugh2:

2. Sammo

Sammo New Member

And you're friends with Mayhem, so I figured you would take some offense to this thread, but I felt I had to be honest.

I just think they should put up more legitimate contenders next time, right now I'm not convinced that's happening. :dunno:

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Maybe have Mayhem fight Lindland and then give Rampage a potentially "easy" fight with Machida or something..at least a small improvement.

4. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

UFC would love lindland, rampage, mayhem, and some others. lindland got the boot because of sporting an online gambling tee in the ring and mayhem and rampage are getting paid better with other organizations

i'm not sure where salaverry stands with the UFC, but he's an awesome, well rounded fighter as well

besides the machida/white fight, all of the televised fights were pretty damn good IMO, especially compared to some of the UFC venues

5. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I think it is accepted by many that Lindland being released from the UFC due to the contract violation is more of an excuse than a reason

If they wanted him back, they could almost certainly get him

They didn't want him to upset Franklin most likely

6. RMarks

RMarks New Member

Lindland definately got cut for a BS reason, but he was a boring fighter in his UFC fights. I would've gladly watched him fight in the UFC if he fought all the time like he fought against Rampage.

I don't think Lindland could beat Franklin.

7. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Pride FC 1 didn't exactly have the greatest card either.

My opinion on the WFA is that hey, if it brings more exposure and money to the fighters, the more power to them and to us, the fans. The first card was pretty good, its hard to compare it against recent Pride or UFC card (cept 61 :shudder: ) but its only starting up, give it time.

8. teep

teep New Member

I would've loved to see Franklin vs. Lindland. Especially because there are no real threats to Franklin's title. Lindland could take Franklin down, but I think thats about it. The only question is whether or not Rich could get back up. Or maybe he's more slick on the ground than we've seen. :dunno:

Oh right and yeah I was unimpressed with the card. It was fun to watch Bas fight again even if it was against a guy that looked like he's never fought before and aside from a couple fights it was just meh. Hopefully it will only get better though. It'd be nice to have another big MMA event to have to look foward to every month.

9. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

yeah I think as we give more good fighters time to get over there the cards could improve.

10. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Hopefully the next one will be better :x:

I mean, I wasn't really disappointed honestly.

11. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

the UFC doesn't like lindland's LnP wrestling, which is a huge factor too. still, he's not a UFC "reject/flunkee"

12. Sammo

Sammo New Member

yeah I made point of that originally :hsugh:

13. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I would agree about 8 months ago, but I think there are some decent contenders right now. Although Lindland probably would have been the biggest challenge to Rich style wise.

14. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

It wasn't any worse then the last few UFC cards.

15. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

:werd:

16. Sammo

Sammo New Member

60 and 61, yeah. UFC 59 wasn't that bad though.

17. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I have came to the conclusion that some of you will NEVER be happy with a MMA card unless it is like the OWGP card coming up where it is stacked for a reason. Some of you are obviously just band wagon fans, have never trained, nor hold the sport dear to you, it is just a good time once in a while.

That is fine, but for those of you that take the sport to a deeper level you need to wake up. Nothing EVER starts amazing and even in an organization like UFC it can become "luke-warm" easy and that is where it is at now. THat's ok though, it is a chance to show case some FUTURE fighters and that is important. This fall the events will most likely pick up and excitement will draw to craziness again.
    Just quit the bitching and learn to appreciate the events and sport for what they are, at the basic level of it.
    WFA 1 was awesome, we saw a few fights where the fighters gave it their all, like Lidland, man that was a great demonstration of skill. And then the humor of Bas which makes the show a "Good time" and then some slower fights that always happen at any level where a guy gases or two fighters just don't blend well. Some of you need to just keep your bitching to yourselves.

18. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Perhaps if you read this thread closer to when I had made it you would have understood. I don't have anything against the WFA, but the few days after this show happened the sackriding was epic. Everyone acting like this show and the fights were the second coming of Jesus, that's all. I think the WFA is good, but at the time I felt I had to make this thread.