wetsanding

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by zaink, Dec 16, 2005.

1. zaink

zaink OT Supporter

how hard is it? :noes: i want to try it on my moms hood because she has some bad marks that are stuck on the paint and wont come off with clay or nothing :hs: i was thinking 1500 grit then 2000.. but i wanted to know is PC with SSR 2.5 then SSR 1 enough to get the gloss back? or do i need a rotary?

heres a pic just so you guys can see it

[​IMG]

2. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

you can try wetsanding, its not that hard at all. Some say you can use a pc to remove some sanding marks but i perfer a rotory with a wool pad to remove sanding scratches. That looks like the hood is wet, now if your saying those are hard spots it may be something like hard tree sap or superglue i dont know. But if it is something like that then id start off slow and you have to sand on that piece only. Cause if you go down to the clear after you have removed that spot, if you have gone off the edges i think you might sand too much on the paint that doesnt have the spot on it. Get it

3. zaink

zaink OT Supporter

well in that picture there might be a spot or two that are actually wet, but where i circled shows the spots that are like baked on and wont come off... they are jsut about all over the hood :wtc:

ps. your Jay right? .. if the pc doesnt work i can just go to your house and you can help me use the rotary on it :bowdown:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars has a downloadable wetsanding video on their website at www.meguiars.com

5. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

well im moving in a week or so to the northside so itll have to be after the new year but i dont mind you stopping by. That meguiars video was very helpful. If i fix your car you can get me some business from ferrarichat:naughty:

6. zaink

zaink OT Supporter

ohh northside? makes it even closer to my house :bowdown: .. and i dont know ferrarichat :hs: but i can try to get you business from them :mamoru:

7. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I haven't had much luck with SSR's for wetsanding mark removal. It looks great for about a week after, then the marks reappear. Really pissed me off.

8. zaink

zaink OT Supporter

:wtc: did you use a PC?