GUN West Allis man not guilty in open carry gun case

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Rip The Jacker, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Its about time theres some common sense in Wisconsin when it comes to this shit. A year ago the state supreme court ruled that not allowing concealed carry only violated the constitution in certain situations. WTF does that mean?

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

WHY DO YOU NEED A GUN TO PLANT A TREE?!

3. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

nigga is going to get paid

4. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

first the woman in PA, then dan moore in Norfolk

OC ftw

5. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

:rofl: "so called open carry"

shit has been around longer than your shitty state, faggot

6. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

fixed

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I would feel like a superfag if I was a cop arresting some dude who was carrying a gun on his own property.

8. Rip The Jacker

Yeah no shit. I live a block or two from West Allis (its a suburb of Milwaukee), cops there are dicks.

I agree with the point the guy made about disorderly conduct, its a catch-all.

I wonder what would happen to me, my neighbor is a MPD detective, he's in narcotics and he mentioned something about illegal firearms :noes:

9. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

Nope. Not yet, anyway.

I was talking about this case with some coworkers tonight. I work at an agency immediately north of 'stallis; the guys thought it was bullshit the guy was found not guilty :ugh2:

I have a long way to go toward educating these gentlemen :hsd:

10. purebad

purebad I don't need your approval, right?

:rofl: :bowdown:

11. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

it seems that no matter where you go, police chiefs are complete dicks

and that guy sounds like he could 'pwn' them clowns by himself

12. Rip The Jacker

PD? i can imagine which one :down:

13. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Poor Wisconsin, they've got Illinois pulling them in one direction and Minnesota pulling them the other direction.
    Looks like Minnesota, and common sense, finally won this time.

Go Minnesota.

See what I did there :hsugh:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  14. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

What a douche bag neighbor. What makes this twice as bad as that it was ON HIS OWN PROPERTY. Now if this is not a violation of his 2A rights, then I don't know what is.

15. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

The guys in the Hometown Forums for WI are making tshirts that say the quote (can't remember what exactly it was) by our Governer Jim Doyle (who will not allow us to CCW), "If people want to carry guns in public, they can carry them Open Carry".

He said it last year, and it's in the books. Yet you still take a risk for doing it here and getting a ticket for disorderly conduct. Amazing state we live in.

Do yourself (which many law-abiding, pro-gun advocates here do, albeit breaking the law) a favor and just CCW. It's a Class A Misdemeanor, but what's the risk versus reward to you? The only way you're getting caught is if you're breaking the law otherwise, are in a serious car accident, or you have to use it. In which case (having to use it), I'd love to see that case of the state of WI crucifying someone for shooting a waste of nitrogen who has threatened someones life or in a situation like a mall shooting.

Sadly that's probably what it will take for the law to change in this one of 2 states left without CCW

16. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

in regards to my previous comment above, my office is across the street from the local PD. I am good friends with the top LT and the CLEO, as well as have a Dane County Sheriff friend, all who agree with my stance on it, as well as disagree with the current WI gun laws.

But again, that's not Milwaukee, where the cops are fucking idiots, and the crime is even higher. If I lived there, I'd Open Carry every fucking day and fight every single one.

17. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

:squint:

I only work part time ;)

18. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Based on my understanding of local laws... The state of Kansas and Missouri do not permit nor prevent open carry. They leave it up to local municipalities to decide. Most reasonably sized cities in the area have laws against open carry.

If I have my ccw permit, then I can legally carry a loaded fire arm in Kansas City (except in "gun free zones"). However, if I carry sed fire arm openly, then I will be arrested. How does this make any sense?? I can "kind of" see an argument for carrying concealed being a privilege, but how is preventing open carry not infringing upon my right to keep and BEAR arms??

19. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

do any gun laws make sense? :rofl:

20. Finest

Finest OG #93

If you live anywhere near this place (West Allis, Milwaukee, etc.), then open carry is your only solution for protection around here. Granted, his neighbors suck ass for calling it in, probably some 70 yr old couple who's lived there since the stone age, but the only laws concerning firearms is that we can't carry concealed.

It's about damn time something happened about these ridiculous "catch all" laws that limit a citizen's rights. No concealed carry, but if you do open carry you'll catch the wrath of all LEO's and panic-driven neighbors who are brainwashed into thinking a gun will go off at any second, striking children and pets alike while inducing a mushroom cloud of radioactive proportions. :rolleyes:

I like in Milwaukee, and my cars have been ransacked multiple times this past year, and my brother in law's garage was broken into where they stole his car. Then there's the constant mugging and house robberies within a 5 mile radius of my house. (20 within the past 6 months, according to the police reports) So now that this case has established some precedence, I'm going to be open carrying on my property as well until WI finally passes a CCW. :wavey:

21. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

exactly. I honestly think it's going to take someone who illegally CCW's here, to take down a perp who is threatening his or someone else's life, an armed robbery or the like, to change these laws. Or unless the fucking bleeding liberals of Madison can be overrun in the next election and get Dumbfuck Doyle out of office.

22. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Doyle needs to go. That is your first step.

23. Finest

Finest OG #93

They'll probably bust you for illegally CCW'ing and the perp's family will sue you for impeding on his rights to rob someone. :rolleyes:

Doyle needs to go. The last time the CCW bill went through, it lost by a small margin. I once hoped that it was only a matter of time before it goes through.

Then Obama gets elected. :o

24. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

have to decide your own personal risk versus "reward". :hs:

I personally know plenty of law abiding WI citizens who do.

25. Rip The Jacker

I need to find the case for you to read, but the supreme court of WI basically has stated that if you have a reasonable expectation of danger the law banning CCW is unconstitutional. the case was about a guy that had been robbed like four times in the Riverwest neighborhood, so he kept a loaded gun in his car. he was acquitted.