GUN Weres my Savage 17 HMR !

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by moosegooser, Mar 8, 2004.

1. moosegooser

moosegooser Guest

Got a new scope and mounts, new trigger and a new laminated stock. The problem is I have been waiting for the weapon for 3 weeks now !! All kinds of stuff and nothing to put them on.

Is the waiting list this bad for these things? Every week I call my dealer and he says "not in yet" back ordered. This guy has been good to me for years so I know its not him.
  2. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Jan 23, 2002
    I heard tons of people say it's hard to find .17's, but I've seriously seen no shortage of them around here. A guy I know was looking for a Marlin .17, I found 3 in a day just looking around at random stores.
  3. RRTX

RRTX New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    I agree, no shortage of them here either. I was in Bass Pro Shops the other day and they had 3 or 4 of them in different brands, I even think one was a Savage. I've been in a couple other shops that had them also. They do seem to be extremely popular all of the sudden though.
  4. itchiban

itchiban Guest

Same here. I was at my local favorite gun shop and they had a savage 17 HMR on the shelf that someone was buying at the time. I didnt know they were so popular until the buyer said that he had been "all over town looking for one." I only noticed because I was curiously checking out prices on the 10fp's.