GUN We're from the government and here to help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soybomb, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

http://gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080615/NEWS/570880217/1002/NEWS

Watch the video. Looks like another case of "you're going to take our help and like it."

[​IMG]
    "An angry resident that tried to drive around a security checkpoint is stopped by one police officer, right, while another tries to break his window to extract him in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Monday, June 16, 2008. (AP Photo/Seth Wenig)"

I'm not sure if I were the victim of a natural disaster if I'd want help or not. I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

2. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

illegal searches?

nice.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

You've got a strike team with gear, trucks, dogs, training....you've gotta use it :rofl:\

4. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Shit like this is shady as fuck.

5. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Those officers look like they are part of the M&P crew.

6. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Lol and what does the town do? They sit back and watch. When the day comes for America to tell the public to turn in their weapons it will be no different

7. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Did they hire a 7th grade kid to get that window open? The hell is wrong with his voice??

8. The end of that video is fucked up.

9. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Heh, that trooper in the picture thinks he's using a wheelgun.

10. Laurel

Laurel New Member

this makes me sick to my stomach.

11. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

+1

There is no reasonable reason for them to be breaking into people homes. :squint:

12. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Think of the children.

13. ImAcracker

ImAcracker Fuck Censorship of any kind.

They might have saved one life. :dunno:

14. Laurel

Laurel New Member

And violated lots of people's rights. Banning and destroying guns might save more. Is it worth it?

15. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

Fellate a handgun

16. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

He's on our side, that is a running joke we have here at work.

17. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Perfect example of media spin, and people jumping to conclusions without knowing anything about what is going on in the picture.

What these officers pictured are actually doing is attempting to subdue this man who has barricaded himself in his vehicle after he attempted to run over one of the officers. He should be dead, and be thankful that the officers didn't shoot him after the fact.

Backstory on picture..

"Evacuees waited in line at the checkpoints Sunday to receive special wristbands that allowed them to go home and gather their belongings. Authorities set a curfew and asked the residents to stay out of the neighborhoods between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., so people stuffed what they could into plastic bags and returned to the checkpoints.

One resident, however, grew angry when he was not allowed to pass a checkpoint Monday, according to a news release from the Cedar Rapids Police Department.

After being denied re-entry to a flooded neighborhood, Rick Blazek, 53, returned to his vehicle as a state trooper used his police vehicle to block the checkpoint, according to the news release.

"Blazek drove his vehicle toward the state trooper and struck the state trooper three times with his vehicle," the release said.

Police told Blazek to get out of his vehicle, and when he refused, "the driver's window was broken out because the doors were locked and Blazek was removed from his vehicle," according to the release.

The trooper was not injured. Blazek, who was arrested and charged with assault on a peace officer with a deadly weapon, could not be immediately reached for comment."

Regardless of how you feel about the police actions in Iowa, that guy was a fucking idiot.

18. ImAcracker

Yeah. I thought most people on here would have picked up on it. But yeah. Violating the 4th amendment is not kosher in my book. Of course they were trying to help out and make sure things are safe. Everything has turned into a Nanny State. We cant take care of our selves. We cant be independent. HA!

Just incase anyone else jumps on my case, my post is filled with sarcasm.

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

sorry but all that spin you posted is bullshit. they have NO RIGHT to prohibit you from going to your property.

20. ImAcracker

Curefew?!?! They just had to make sure everyone was safe. Got to make sure people make the correct decisions in there life. Another example of Nanny state. I wonder if that guy was wearing his seatbelt. I hope they ticketed him if he wasnt.

BTW more sarcasm in my post.

P.S. I am not condoning the actions the guy took ramming the police car.

21. ImAcracker

At least they aren't confiscating peoples guns.

22. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Spin?! I wasn't putting a spin on anything.:ugh: The picture itself is not an accurate portrayal of the events that took place prior, and that's bullshit.

I never even stated which side of this argument I was on, just that the guy driving the vehicle tried to ram the cops, hence the "agression" shown in the pic. Quite frankly, while I don't condone the order, I do agree with the actions of the officers in that particular case. The guy tried ramming them with a truck.... That's a shootable offense in my book, as a vehicle certainly qualifies as a deadly weapon whens it coming directly at you. I re-iterate... what he did was stupid, and he's lucky to be alive.

Re-read what I said; You guys are implying things that I didn't intend. I've seen this picture circulate the internet, and it kills me that no one even thinks to ask about the frame of reference that it was taken in. It's just immediate police bashing and evil government rhetoric. That's sad.

As far as the current situation in Iowa... I'd still like to hear some more opinion on it, because what's being reported so far strikes me as sensationalist in nature. If it is what people are saying its like, then that's fucked... but I imagine you didn't need me to tell you that.

23. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

If the place is declared a disaster area don't they have every right to set up curfews and restrict access to the place? A firefighter won't let you go into your house that's burning, I don't see why people should be allowed to wander freely in areas that could possibly have sewage and tons of other chemicals floating around.

24. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

Yea, it's 100% ok for police to not allow you onto your own property, and then when you demand to be allowed to not be held from your property by an over zealous police state, you should be beaten and dragged from your vehicle, and lucky they didn't shoot you. :rolleyes:

25. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

In a police state, yea.