MMA Went to XFC 5, kinda cool...

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by copeland, Nov 7, 2007.

1. copeland

copeland smarter than you

Bodog sponsored XFC 5 in town this weekend, pretty good, but the main event was awesome

Jose 'Pele' Landi-Jons (Revolution) vs Jake Ellenberger (Team Quest)

Dan Henderson was there, man he is WAAAYYYY smaller then I expected, was really nice though, took pics with everyone and had a smile the whole time...would have been great to see him fight.

Bill Mahood was the organizer (fought Griffin in UFC ??)

2. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Pele got knocked out in less than 10 seconds

3. copeland

Quick replay...

Fight begins...

Pele runs across the ring, tries a flying knee...it's telegrpahed from way out so Ellenberger moves to his right side. Pele turns, I think he may have thrown a kick, and then went for a punch kept his guard low, Ellenberger threw his one and only right of the fight, caught pele left side of his chin and he just stiffened up and fell straight back...

00:09 KO in the first, quite impressive...it took Pele time to get back up...

But these Balzer brothers (cousins?) were fantastic on the floor and with the kicks...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  4. copeland

Oh and I was aboslutely floored by this Fighter, Victor Daychief...native guy, absolutely stunning on the ground...I thought he was dead seeing his opponent.

he was on the mat most of the match and had unbelievable defense in guard...and when he got the mount he was devastating...But Daychief got a great elbow or punch in while he was in full guard...

The opponent just burst open...there was blood everywhere, they had to stop the fight and victor couldn't even see out of his eyes cause he got so much blood from his opponent in them...his whole torso was covered and it left little trails down the sides of his body. They got the bleeding stopped but a quick punch tore the gash open again, and they stopped the bleeding a second time, let them go a third time and then stopped the fight do to the cut just leaking too much blood.

5. copeland

Kajan Johnson was in a rage and let David Pariseau know it before their lightweight fight began at Extreme Fighting Challenge 5: Revolution.
    The 23-year-old Johnson entered the CN Centre ring by vaulting over the top rope and came over to taunt Pariseau in his corner with a deathly stare. If that didn’t put the fear into Pariseau, Johnson’s actions in the fight that followed did.
    ‘Ragin’ Kajan, as he’s come to be known while growing up in Prince George, ended a one-sided duel Saturday night by wrapping his left arm around Pariseau’s neck from behind, forcing Pariseau to tap out, 2:01 into the first round.
    “It was utter domination, man,” said Johnson, a member of the Revolution Fight Team who now makes his home in Coquitlam.
    That’s not to say Pariseau didn’t land at least one stinging blow. Johnson had double vision after a sharp right hand to the eye in the opening minute but got the first takedown early and climbed on Pariseau’s back to rain down a series of punches on his Victoriaville, Que., opponent. Pariseau managed to briefly reverse body positioning with Johnson but like a twisting snake, Johnson turned the tables and put Pariseau in a vulnerable spot with his neck exposed for the rear naked choke.
    “I wanted to stand up but I got in the clinch and took him down and when he gave me his back, I had to finish it.”
    Now 12-11-0 in mixed martial arts, Johnson’s career appears to be taking off. With his win over Pariseau, it’s now expected Bodog Fights will offer the 155-pound Johnson a contract. Bodog is second only to the Ultimate Fight Championships/Pride Fighting as a world’s largest promoter of MMA fightcards.
    “I’ve been working with the Revolution Fight Team -- (IBO world boxing champion) Tony Pep, five-time world jiu jitsu champion Bibiano Fernandez and Commonwealth Games wrestling gold medalist Nick Ugoalah -- and with the trainers I’m with now, I’m taking over the world. With these coaches and my natural ability, there’s no one can stop me.”

this from the local paper...the guy had no dignity, discipline or honor in the ring, he was fast...but they forgot to mention the stare down in the middle of the ring where he openly tried to head butt the french guy...I would have stopped the match right there for such a poor disply of sportsmanship...