went to visit a pal today

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Buzz Killington, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

My friend who is installing my coilovers this weekend. He works at J&F Motors in Arlington VA. I don't have a cam (yet) so I could not take any pictures, but his '66 (!) 2000cs was there. First year of the E3.

It looks exactly like this (same color, same Talbot mirrors):

[​IMG]

I think 9.5 compression, moderately hot cam, dual Solex 40PHH sidedrafts, NO RUST, TOTALLY COMPLETE down to the tool set and new chrome hub caps.

He got it for $1,000. It had stopped running & the PO wanted it out of his yard. My friend rebuilt the carb and tuned it up (points, condenser, etc). Vroom. Runs fine.

The interior is packed with lacquered wood, and it has a very old Blaupunkt in it. Smells like horsehair :ugh: Everything is power and everything works. :bowdown:

I am so jealous. If I can trade my 2002 for it I will.

They also had a E28 M5 from texas a customer bought. Same customer just dropped $20 grand (!) into an E28 535is. Turns out the M5's frame is tweaked, so they are going to stuff everything into a 528e :naughty:

Another car on the rack was a plain jane, albeit nice, E30 325e. Stock everything. Customer dropped $5K for them to put in a new tranny and head :confused: More money than sense IMO.

The back of the shop had some wierd ass cars. A Peugot 505 turbo 4 door sedan race car (WTF?), a nice tii that had been hit in the back :( , a new S500 theft recovery, some old XJ6s, and some other odd-ball grey market Bimmers.

2. curiousgeorgeM3

curiousgeorgeM3 naughty little monkey

3. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

That thing belongs on the cover of Roundel. Hot damn! What I would give to show up to Bavarian Autosport's Show and Shine driving that bad boy!

4. MrBonus

MrBonus Et Tu, Brute?

Is he a faggot like you?

5. James May

James May OT Supporter

2003 != 2011

6. JerseyAhole

JerseyAhole Diamond Club Member OT Supporter

test

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011