GUN Went to the range with my AR. =( *Help*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by WiLL, Sep 3, 2006.

1. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

So I went to Chabot today. It was nice out and wasnt crowded. I brought my AR to sight in. I was shooting Wolf polymer all day. After going through about 7 boxes I had some problems.

I would shoot and it would go bang. Pull the trigger again, and nothing. A new round never loaded. So I pull the charging handle and pull the trigger again. It went bang. Then once again, another round never loaded. I pulled the charging handle once more. Bang. I get a double feed. The case never ejected and the bolt is pushing the next round into the chamber. And the pain in the fucking ass is that I couldnt drop my magazine. :mad: So it took a few people and about 5 minutes to get the casing out.

So I decided to try my luck again. Same thing. The case doesnt eject. So I fixed it and wanted to try one last time before selling off my 1500 rounds of Wolf.:mamoru: I put a Remington UMC round in there. Bang. And it ejects. Tried 3 more UMC rounds...all 3 fired and ejected. I was very close to saying fuck it to the Wolf ammo. But I just couldnt. I put a round of Wolf in there. Bang. And it ejects. And it fired and ejected fine another whole magazine.

What gives? I will have pictures of the casing that got stuck tonight. Part of the rim basically ripped off.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu18.htm
    Shooting brass after wolf seems like a way to get some problems as far as the case sticking in the chamber. I wonder if the wolf could just be dirtying up the chamber too much for itself? I'd give the thing a very thorough cleaning and try it again I think.

3. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

Thanks. That might be the same case for me. But it was a couple Wolf casings that got stuck. The brass that I shot after it ejected just fine. Then the Wolf after the brass did the same.

That was an informative read though.

4. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Oh, your AR won't run on Wolf, you wanna sell it to me? I will come and pick it up/you can meet me in Needles.

5. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

wolf is dirty. i clean it every 300 or so rounds. once i skipped cleaning between 2 range sessions and it had a lot of problems the next time. cleaned it and it ran fine the next range session. its a dirty, cheap ammo, wouldnt trust my life on it. buts its nice for practicing

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wolf is worthless garbage, PM your paypal address I'll cover your shipping to send it to me for disposal.

7. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

I had basically the same experience. Keep jamming on wolf. Went to some cheap brass and 3 more mags without any issue.

8. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

get the fuck outta here