GUN went to the range today

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by you know me, Jul 4, 2009.

1. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

as a follow up to this thread http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4240930
    first thing I did was hit up walmart and grab 200 rounds of ammo and ears then off to the range. got there bullshitted a bit then got handed the XD sub 9mm and put a few rounds through that and loved it. good feel fit my hand well shot well I'm a fan. The other gun I put a lot of rounds through was the 226 in .45 I believe it was and I also really liked that gun, however it's a bit to big to carry so the 229 maybe in my future also. As the night progressed I learned what was causing me to shoot badly , I was changing my grip just slightly (healing the gun a bit) just before I fired.

The guy who had the xd was loading up his mag with the WWB that I brought and he tossed in a few random dummy rounds for me to see what I was doing wrong and I wasn't really flinching or anything so that was a plus for me. Just changing my grip at the last second before I squeezed the trigger. So this was a successful trip for me today and I'm pretty happy with what I learned about my shooting and what I'm thinking to carry, all in all I learned a lot for my second range trip ever :bowdown:

2. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

I too went to the range today.

It reminded me why I need to send my M&P .40 off to get trigger work done. It feels like shit compared to my rifles, and I want something with a shorter pull and lighter break. :hs:

Off to Burwell it goes.

3. net_prophet

net_prophet Tactical Texan

Sounds like you had a great trip. There's nothing quite like going shooting with good company.

4. you know me

is there a place online to get surplus ammo cans, or should I just hit the local army/navy store

5. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

6. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

Obvious troll thread. Walmart doesn't have ammo. :squint:
    I'm just jealous :wtc:

7. you know me

had half a shelf of WWB 9mm left, I think I'm getting more tomorrow....for a gun I don't own yet :bowdown:

8. zumin3k

zumin3k New Member

I haven't been able to find any .40 around here for months.

9. you know me

s&w or gap?

10. .40 GAP? Are you talking about .45 GAP?

11. you know me

ah fuck yeah I am. i knew i was going to fuck that up.

12. That's ok. .45GAP is pretty rare. I found like 5 cases at a range once, that's my whole experience with the cartridge. I was like "hey, these .45ACP cases look a bit short" then I looked at the headstamp and saw the GAP and I was like "who the fuck shoots this?"

13. you know me

i should have pulled up glocks site like I planed but i sat here and went "that sounds right"...course I've been up since 6:30 am. All I know is I'm torn between the xd and the sig

14. Finest

Finest OG #93

I was bored today too, so I hit up the range (and Walmart too, but with no luck :o ).

So I went with a box of their reloads and brought along a 100 pack of WWB from my stash. Good way to kill an hour. Range was pretty much empty due to all the summer festivities going on here this week.

I'll have to try the dummy rounds and see how well (or not well) my shooting is. Are you looking for a HD gun or subcompact for concealed purposes? What other guns have you shot with? XD's feel just about right in my hands, but I still went with my Glock.

15. you know me

the dummy rounds, I'm told, are a great way to see if you're anticipating the recoil or not, turns out i'm not I just change my grip slightly so that's something I need to work on.

I'm not SPECIFICALLY looking for a CC gun since pa and va are both OC states. If I print I print if it shows it shows, I don't care that much about it. I plan to carry OWB with a cover garment over it (tshirt, hoody, something) but easy to CC would be great for when I'm in texas/don't want to be bothered. I really like the g19 I shot, just like the other two more.

short list of what I've shot:
    ar15
    ak47
    h&k usp .40
    s&w .40
    glock .40
    glock 19
    two 1911s
    xd compact in 9mm and 45
    sig 226 9 & 45
    xd sub 9
    barreta px4 storm (most accurate with this one little to big to conceal)