GUN Went to the range this morning

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Mar 7, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well this morning I went down to popo hq to have my permit amended then proceeded to the range to try out my new H&K VP70, I put about 120ish rounds through it, heavy DAO trigger sucks but other then that shot pretty nice, more recoil then on most other 9mm's I've shot, overall I'm happy with the purchase it will not be a carry gun its just for collecting, no pics right now till the person I loanded my camera to returns it, heres a web pic of one

[​IMG]

2. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:bigthumb:
    is that the one the last thread was about?

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah the one I was debating on buying, Responses I got on a couple other forums I asked if it was worth picking up were pretty positive, had a few people say they'de buy it if i didn't want it. Its a pretty cool gun, first polymer gun made, long before Glock made them. This is my first handgun thats for collecting, all my others I've used as carry guns I wont be carrying this one. Its been out of production since the 80's who knows maybe one day it'll be worth something. I guess I can see why it was never very popular heavy ass trigger pull, odd shape, edges on the mag floorplate stick out a bit probably stick ya if you IWB'd it. But I'm still pleased with it innovative for its time, developed in the late 60's with polymer and 18 round magazine it was well ahead of its time.

4. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

man that thing is definatly not the prettiest gun around. Good purchase though, looks like a cool gun taht will be a collectors item later on.

5. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

How much do those go for? I saw a few at the last show but didn't bother looking at the prices

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I bought it from my boss for $375, with 3 18 round mags, usuall going price on most of the gun selling sites is $450+ This ones in excellent shape dont know how many rounds through it my boss says he only took it to the range a few times.