GUN Went to the range - *target pic

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by attomica, Jun 8, 2009.

1. attomica

attomica Active Member

I used the 200-yard yard range for the first time. I used my RRA 20" Coyote Rifle with its Konus M30 6.5x-25x44 scope.

I'm pretty happy with this set as I shot it without a bipod. The diamond in the middle is 6 inches, point to point.

[​IMG]

Sure, I need to practice, but am I right to feel good about this set?

2. That looks about 2.5 MOA extreme spread. You said no bipod, was that just prone with no additional support? What ammo were you using?

3. attomica

attomica Active Member

Well, they have tables with attached, adjustable seats so it wasn't prone. I had a small sponge pad to cushion my elbow on the table and that was it. I was using Prvi Match HPBT 75gr.

4. That's not bad shooting. I bet you'd see a big improvement using some real match quality ammo. The Prvi stuff seems to be better than bulk ammo, but their designation of "match" seems a little optimistic.

5. attomica

attomica Active Member

Okay, good. I really don't have a point of comparison. Thanks for the tip on ammo. I figured the "match" designation on the Prvi meant it was up to the task of really good shooting. Maybe it's a bit more on the side of sub-par ammo and less on the side of my technique?

6. Shooting off a bipod or sandbags would shrink those groups up a bit too. If you want good commercial ammo to try look for Black Hills Match or some Federal Gold Metal. I'm not really up on all the true match grade commercial stuff, but those two are great choices. If you really want to wring all the accuracy possible out of your rifle you'd have to get into handloading. If you don't want to go that far, the combination of real match ammo and a bipod or sandbags will make a huge difference.

7. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

pretty damn decent for a fightin rifle I'd say