GUN Went to the range, shot a few cool guns and bought Kel Tec Sub-2000

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 4bangin, Dec 27, 2005.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Mar 16, 2000
    First off I was able to rent a Desert Eagle .50, Full auto HK MP5 and full auto Colt 9mm ar15 (or just a Colt SMG, as they called it).

The Desert Eagle was a beast of a gun. It kicked VERY hard, but not as much as I expected. Ammo was $1.50 per round so I only put 7 rounds through it, after those 7 my wrist was sore for about half a hour. Accuracy seemed ok. Only shot at 25 feet but didn't have any problem hitting anything on the target I was trying to hit.

HK MP5 was a very nice gun. Well built, very solid. I didn't really like the full auto on it though. 3 round burst was cool and easy to control. The full auto seemed sloppy to me for some reason.

The Colt was my favorite. It seemed easier to control than the mp5 and fired alot faster. This gun was a blast to shoot. It is my goal to own one of these one day.

I can give better reviews later, I'm short on time right now. All in all it was fun. It was pricey to go because you have to use their ammo. But the guns are only $10 to rent, $5 for the Desert Eagle.

Here is the Kel-Tec. I love this gun. I've only shot about 50 rounds through it, but it is very accurate out of the box. I was doing about 2" groups at 25 yards. Once I get a little more used to the sights I think I could do a little tighter group. It is just a 9mm, but it uses Glock magazines. I also have a G17 so it worked out well that I can interchange the mags. The only reason I really got it is because it was only $300 brand new, so I figure it would make a fun plinker. It also folds in half so it is easy to carry around.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Jun 16, 2000
    you want some kick.. shoot a .454 Casul.. it kicks harder than the Deagle Fiddy
  3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

i love the sub 2000, its on my wish list. be sure to get some 33 round mags for it :kdubb: