GUN Went to the range.. Good and Bad

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Y2kAccord, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

First the Glock 19 fired perfectly, I dont think I have shot better with any other gun that I have had.. I hadnt been to an actual range in probably a year, so maybe I forgot my bad habits :big grin:

now the bad..

I just put a Green Mountain Barrel on my 10/22 with a Hogue stock, I got to the range today ready for some fun and I put the magazine in, release the bolt and it jammed, I took out the after market mag and put in the factory 10 rd mag and I had the same result, the bolt would not close because the round was not feeding into the barrel. What could be the issue, its just cheap Remmington Brick ammo that the factory 10/22 ate with no problem, or is the barrel not on right if that is possible?

Any help, I dont know what to do.

2. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Is it mashing the bullet up?

3. Y2kAccord

its like it would put the first part in and then not close like it wasnt going in straight? Should i try different ammo, not sure with a match barrel if cheap ammo would work.

4. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

If you bought a match barrel you should be using match ammo. :uh:

5. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

hmm

I wish I knew. :hsd:

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

22's are finicky. First try some different ammo. I have a GM barrel too and it would only chamber the expensive wolf ammo (those that don't know wolf ammo is really really good in 22 and priced accordingly).

My GM chamber is just too tight to run mid range ammo out of high cap mags. I fixed the problem by getting a 22lr "sporter" reamer. Fairly easy self guiding and I was able to open up the chamber with just a hand tap.

The barrel now runs federal american eagle (cheap stuff), CCI Mini Mags (mid range), and Wolf Match Target (good stuff).

I got the reamer at Brownells.

7. Y2kAccord

Thanks for the info :wiggle:

8. Y2kAccord

I dont know if its exactly a match barrel, but its a 20" SS Bull, more of a target, but I guess I could try some differnet ammo

9. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

10. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

try a different ammo my stock savage has types of ammo is just doesn't feed properly at all. Especially since this is a match barrel we are talking about it might be a little more finicky than a stock setup. Did you try manually feeding a round into the chamber without a mag? Does it seat properly if you simply put it in from straight behind?

Get some better ammo next time you go out and see if you still have the problem.

Also if you can get picture of the actual assembly you did some 10/22 guys here might be able to tell if something is not right, also if you have the ammo that failed to feed if there are any marks or gouges cut into it picture of that might help too.

11. Y2kAccord

12. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

try adjusting the angle the rounds feed then. There is a screw on the top corner of each mag. On mine I needed it to feed a little higher so I adjusted the back screws out a little. Just keep making adjustment until you get something to feed.

I would use some decent mid range ammo like cci mini mags while I were adjusting. They are pretty uniform in dimensions. The cheapo bulk packs are really hit or miss.