GUN Went to the gun show, everyone stocking up for a ban

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ford4Life, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Went to the gun show this morning, opened at 9am and was already pretty crowded, when I got there 125-150 people waiting outside. You can tell everyone is worried about a ban, stuff was flying out of there like hot cakes. A FFL buddy of mine had a table there so I stopped by to chat with him for a few, he brought in 100 mags each for the G19/17/23/22/21 and 75 of the G18 33rd mags; by 10am all of the G19 and 23 mags were gone, had less than 20 of the G21 and G22 mags left. All of the G18 33rd'ers were gone by the end of the day. People were buying the mags in blocks of 10 at a time. Called him tonight, in 5 years of going to this show he's never had a sales day like this. He sold $8,400 worth of Glock mags today charging $17 each, $30 each for the 33rd'ers.

Saw lots of people buying AR's and AK's as well. One guy had 3 of the Yugo underfolders for $469 when I first walked past his table, about 2 hours later, all were sold.

I've been to a lot of gun shows, but I've never seen anything like I saw today, it was fucking nuts.

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Oh, here we go. Looks like supply and demand can turn out to be a mothafucka. Next gun show here is mid January. Even closer to any ban that may be coming. And the guns there are already ludicrously priced
    :mad:

3. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

i have a feeling any future ban will have a part prohibiting possession as well....so everybody will be spending thousands just to have to hand it over to the men in the suits and trenchcoats.
    hopefully people will get more savvy and realize a ban is total bullshit but until then spend wisely my friends

4. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

possibly, but personally i think there are way too many people in the US to put a ban like that into motion. Way too many ar/ak/m1/m14/fal/etc. rifles out there, it would cause a massive backlash

5. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

They can ban future purchases, but they can't make items illegal that you purchased legally and confiscate them without compensation. They'd get smoked in court.

6. BigBadJohn

Yeah, but a state wide ban could make you sell it, destroy it, or turn it in

7. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

never happen.

8. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

The state ban would end up in federal court, and they'd lose. The material being banned, guns in this case, would be immaterial to the argument. The fact the government would be confiscating legally acquired property of citizens with no compensation is a Constitutional issue.

9. BigBadJohn

Yeah, but it wouldnt be considered a confiscation if they gave the owners ample time to sell them to collectors in neighboring states. After then it would be understood that they would not be compensated for the gun in any way.
    I may be wrong, but wouldnt this be legal?

10. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

the govt isnt smart enough to do this...

11. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

They can't force to you sell anything, it's not like forcing you to sell land for public use. They could, however, prevent you from selling the items to anyone else within the state.

12. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

those Yugo underfolders are NICE. My buddy who runs a gun shop bought two at about $300 a piece.. I was jealous :o

13. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I ordered one through my FFL friend for $400, should be here next week. They are ultra high quality for the money, built on DCI 1.5mm recievers too.

The prices on them are starting to get pretty high though due to short supply, I've seen dealers charging over $550 for them.

14. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

im going to try and pick one or two up at the next gun show if they are reasonably priced. last ones they had, the gas block was all fucked up finish wise, he wanted like 495 for it :rolleyes:

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Check out some of the Polish ones there pretty nice, also chrome lined unlike the yugo's.

16. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

i have yet to see a polish one at a funshow. their selection of ak's in general are VERY VERY limited. its usually just one guy that sells ak's.

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Tell that to chicago and DC.

18. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

People who had guns in Chicago still have them if they were owned before the ban, they were grandfathered in.

19. an0nymous

an0nymous Anon E. Mouse

What's this about a new ban? :eek5:

20. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

to make a long story short, democrats (ie. liberals) have taken congress, and it looks that they will soon take the presidency as well, so as liberals like to do, they will probably attempt to and probably pass a new AWB within the next few years

21. BigBadJohn

Maybe you should spend more time in wmd ;)

22. an0nymous

an0nymous Anon E. Mouse

:( maybe.

I hope this doesn't happen! :o

23. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

there are only a few who aren't. keep in mind that some republifags have voted for AWB too.

24. biawokauns

biawokauns New Member

a AWB is just a surefire way to hand the govt back to repblicans, i dont think they are stupid enough to do it, or have the resources

25. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

hold your horses, just a generalization bud :coolugh: , the majority of democrats, especially those in politics are the one who do fall into the dreaded liberal sect of democrats, just my opinion. I know plenty of people who are liberal and are not completely off the deepend, such as how many of us here in WMD are not totally off the deepend of the republican party as well, (ie. H. Clinton)