GUN Went to the funshow for first time since Sep '06

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Mar 9, 2008.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Man. The gun/ammo market has turn to shit. $90 for surplus that was $44 a year ago, almost no guns in the 200's except for overpriced CZ52's/pa63's, shitty SKS's, and some mausers
    Only .22's in the 100's were 20 year old beat up marlins

All I bought was 2 .50 ammo cans and 800 rounds of 7.62x25. The hungarian shit that comes in a corroded tin can. Was looking at a leather sling for my AR15 but I didnt know what it would look like with a collapsable stock.

Its getting to where shooting and collecting isnt even fun anymore. Might only spend my money on my camaro from now on.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I thought about going to that one but you're no making it sound like I missed much :big grin:

3. BigBadJohn

Seriously. Its like it gets shittier every year. 2 or 3 years ago they still had guys selling a bunch of surplus rifles. One guy had like 3 dozen AK's in the 300's and some beat up ones in the 200's.

Now its like these guys are all cheapass hebrew sheisters. One guy today had a colt viet stock set on a new receiver and said it was mint from the 70's. I said "Hmmm..., I didnt know DPMS made lowers back then" Wanted $1500 for it
    No SKS's for under $250, the .22s were more than new ones at Walls-Mart, bad selection of handguns and close to new prices for used ones.
    Guy wanted $350 for a Ruger BearCat. My grandpa bought one new for $22 in the 60's, Id rather give him the money than some wheeler and dealer
    Nobody had CProducts magazines and the one guy I found only had 20 rounders and for $20 each (I got $10 ea for 30 rounders last time I was there) and so many people selling airsoft and christmas crap its ridiculous

4. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

i agree. same thing at the last one i went to.

5. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

Just the way the grabbers like it.

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Get into some .22 shooting for a while, you can still work on the basics and have some fun plinking for cheap :big grin:

7. BigBadJohn

I actually thought that excat same thing but more along the lines of "So I guess the gun grabbers won afterall."

8. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

In reality the dollar is just going to complete shit. Bullets aren't cheap anymore, no matter where you go :sad2:

You can occasionally get a good deal. We have 2-3 really good big dealers that come to our local one occasionally with a lot of handguns and great prices.

9. BigBadJohn

Yes but with the UN bans on ammo, there was lot less good priced surplus ammo. I counted myself lucky to get those 800 rounds of tokarev ammo for .10 each

10. BigBadJohn

Anyone have one of those leather m16 slings? I wonder what it would look like on a gun

11. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

It's concerted effort by "progressive" societies to attempt to legislate away the things that scare them and pretend that is an effective solution. While I don't believe in the odd conspiracy theories of united world government becoming one to enslave humanity, there is definitely a move by the power brokers of the world (governments and economic agencies) to create a more stable, controlled world (in their minds) in their own spheres of influence by attempting to disarm, pacify, and numb populations of industrialized societies or eliminating things they cannot directly influence.

The thinkers will always be willing to take advantage of the non-thinkers for their own gain. It's the only way to get things the way they like it.

12. SnakeEater

SnakeEater OT Supporter

any decent deals on stripped lowers?

13. BigBadJohn

Most I saw were $140-$150
    $280 for assembled lowers

Theyre buying the shit for retail and then tacking money on thinking someone will buy it. And theyre probably right