Went to the doc...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by radfad88, Jun 21, 2007.

1. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

My bf went with me to the dr about a week ago because I had strep throat and while I was there I got them to run a pregnancy test (we had unprotected sex early last week, he pulled out but it was a VERY close call).

The pregnancy test came back negative, and since then we've obviously been using protection. My period was supposed to start sometime around the 17th... still waiting around.

My real question is just this (I read through the stickies but I don't know if it says this anywhere).

If a doctor's pregnancy test says nego... how likely is it that I still might be pregnant? (False negative?) Is this something I should likely be freakin about?

2. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Calm down, there is a very small chance that it's a false negative, I read in a pamphlet that my doctor's test is like 99.5% accurate, so something else probably happened to delay the period, probably stress or something. I don't really know much about it except that a doctors test is pretty damn accurate.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  3. radfad88

did you mean, false negative?

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Haha yeah, sorry I'm a bit distracted atm. It's almost certainly negative from what I've been told, the tests are fairly foolproof.

5. radfad88

k, so even though it was only a few days after our "encounter" without a condom? it would still be like a 99% accurately negative reading?

6. Listen to Kalypso, he's a gynecologist. :naughty:

7. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

:ugh: Yeah....

You might have some worries if, say, you just bought a preggers test from Winn Dixie and it was negative, but you went to a doctor, he did a test and it was negative. Doctors typically use the best tests, and are almost always right, especially when it comes to this kind of test that people care the world about. I don't know exactly what test he used but I'd say there's no reason to worry, just use a condom in the future. If he says negative, it's negative, such a small chance otherwise it's not worth worrying about it.

You got away with it, congrats, but use a rubber next time.

8. .

9. radfad88

thanks for the calming words, kalypso.

i'm not going to sweat it unless it goes another week or so... it's probably stress like you said, other shit has been crazy too.