GUN Went to my first New Orleans shooting range since the storm... lol

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

You should see the people in this place This is the last time I go to a range around NO for awhile :rofl:

There were probably 25-30 people in this small ass shop looking around.

There was some guy walking around with an AR on a 3 point sling hanging infront of him in like a ready position. :rofl:

You had the "old timer" by the knife case talking to some guy about knives and who makes good ones. Was even giving names of guys local and where they were located. The guy he was talking to of course didn't really give a shit and just nodded his head every once in awhile.

Another guy had one of the soft holsters that also has a magazine holder on it clipped to the lower pocket of his jeans so the knee length shirt he wore didn't cover it up.

There were probably 5-6 people walking around carrying the huge envelope that the Concealed Carry information comes in from the state. We were waiting to get on the range and wondering what these people were doing with the envelope. After we were done shooting and walked outside they were all standing outside in the parking lot and one of the employees of the store was out there teaching them the concealed carry class. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: In the fucking parking lot in the sun... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shooting was fun in the range until some guy got in the stall next to me and started shooting his single-action .44 that would put a huge fireball a foot out of his stall and light up the whole range. Thinking I could see flames out of mine I loaded up a cylinder of 44 mag and there wasn't any flash at all with the ammo I had. I wanted to know what he was shooting because I want to get a shot of mine with flames coming out of the compensator... I asked him, "What brand of ammo is that?" his response, "It's a 44 Magnum." "No, What brand of ammo are you shooting?" "Ohh, they're reloads and he held up a zip-loc bag full of ammo" Thinking I could see what powder he used I asked, "You reload them?" his response was "No, I bought them at a gun show" :ugh:

One of the "law enforcement" guy we ran into was out the counter while we were waiting to check out. I made a comment about the guy in the range shoting gun show reloads out of his gun and this guy started talking about how some of them are actually really good. I asked him if he reloaded and he said, "It's not worth reloading at all for handguns. You can get 250 rounds of UMC in .45 for like $55 at Academy. You can also get the same bricks for .40. I went there the other day and bought all they had. 1500 rounds of .40 and 1500 round of .45. They kind of act strange if you buy that much and the maganer came over. I told him I was law enforcement and he was cool with it. I keep 3000 rounds of it for each of my guns incase the shit goes down in New Orleans again" WTF are you going to do with hardball target loads?

2. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

ammo is better than no ammo.

3. Painkiller

Painkiller The Synarchy of Molten Bones

russians with super mother hot loads in a .50AE>* :o

4. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

my friends thinks a hot load = completely filled case :hsugh:

5. Painkiller

thses guys were real too. :o Thier cases were cracked too, Like way above maximum.

6. Painkiller

believe it or not lots people do this too. :coolugh:

7. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

It's possible to do safely in some rifle cartridges but pistols :hsugh: I'd never buy/use someone else's reloads, I dont even let my friends use mine.

8. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

If he's that worried to stock on 3k rounds, then he could spend some more to get decent ammo.

As soon as we left my friend was like, "That guy didn't seem like LE"

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

"I'm surrounded by goddamn retards," would have been my first thought.

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

buying reloads at a gun show :coolugh:

11. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

well most cops dont really make that much. So like i said, ammo is better than no ammo. :hs:

12. kill_turu_kill

kill_turu_kill Turu the Terrible OT Supporter

Bigsnake, what range was that at?

13. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Shooter's Club on David Dr.

14. kill_turu_kill

kill_turu_kill Turu the Terrible OT Supporter

Didn't that range used to be called something else? I went to a range years ago (12? 15?) in that area, and the owner/operator was a complete prick.

15. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

No clue. Only had 2 guys working there. One worked the counter and the other was teaching the CCW class in the parking lot :rofl: