MMA Went to my first martial arts gym tonight v.kick box

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by CrazyInteg, Jan 25, 2006.

1. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

I've never done any martial arts, punched anyone, or kicked anything besides a soccerball. Total and complete noob. I decided to visit the muay thai gym down the street from where I work. I just changed work schedules, so my work schedule matches the gym's schedule great.

The first day was free. There is a teacher and 5-15 students. You can join in at anytime (obviously) and we did about an hour of blocking, deflecting, and other related activities.

Surprisingly I really didn't get out of breath (I jog often), but my muscles are weaker than shit! After the workout I ran a mile on the treadmill and lifted some weights. It was a pretty good workout overall. I can feel my calves will be very sore tomorrow (jump rope).

But now I respect the fighters I see on TV a WHOLE LOT more. That shit's hard!

Here's the gym: http://www.mickdoyle.com/

2. raxton

raxton .

right on bro, i just went to my first brazilian jiu jitsu class. it sure is an eye opener on how hard it really is.

3. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

Muay thai in Omaha:eek3:

I don't live in Omaha anymore but I've been planning to go visit sometime soon...I might look into training their while I'm in town:bigthumb:

4. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

sweet, now just stick with it

5. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

going to Los Angeles this weekend, and then plan to sign up next week. The class is 1 hour per session, and they meet 3 times per week. When you're not in the class you can lift weights or hit the bags. I think it's pretty cheap at $70 per month.

I'm not too sore today actually. Just really thirsty.