MMA went to my first JJ class in over a month last night

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Rob H, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Rob H

Rob H New Member

thanks to working so much then a heath issue causing severe dehydration for 10 days I was out of JJ. Last night was my first class back. Felt lost and struggled in guard drills trying to pass my opponents guard. Almost passed once before he rolled some weird way and got me in a omoplatta.

with him in my guard i was surprised how well i did (he is a 2 stripe blue). i never let him pass my guard and twice applied two armbars i wasn't able to finish ( i never put one on while sparring so i was stoked). i was completely gassed and today my whole body is sore and bruised.

worst part was on a side takedown while defending a guillotine choke he landed with his elbow right on my hand where i broke it 3 weeks ago punching a door. :hsugh: it's nice and swollen today and hurts like a bitch. looking forward to class tonight and starting to take my training more serious and going 4 times a week then the gym afterwards and start lifting to build up strength (i am 100% confident if I was stronger i would have got those two armbars)

2. Rob H

Rob H New Member

it felt good. the past month has sucked not only did i not go to class i didnt follow my diet. i lost 20lbs my first 6 weeks of JJ and eating better. Haven't gained weight since but haven't lost any. I want to drop another 20 and be 210 by new years so it's great to be back out there.

3. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

I would concentrate on refining your technique rather than adding attrubutes (strength stamina, speed).

4. Rob H

Rob H New Member

i completely understand technique is most important and I want to learn it the best i can (hence me goign 4 times a week). in this situation he was holding on to his arm and out muscled me preventing me finishing the armbar. plus i just want to get into all around better shape and bulk up a little.

5. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

did you get a name change?

6. Rob H

Rob H New Member

yeah. rob is my real name, the Gill G name is old and a long story from another board and it just stuck with me from board to board so i could remember what my name was at that board. :rofl: